“The Best B&B you`ll ever stay in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
You added Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Pieter Jacobszstraat 21, 1012 HL Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 323 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
bristol england
“The Best B&B you`ll ever stay in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

I appreciate this is a bold statement as I hope to have a lot of travelling left in me but I seriously doubt Boogaards will be bettered. The reviews are so right.

One thing they don`t warn you about is the size of the breakfasts - these are massive. You won`t need to eat until the evening which makes this place even better value for money. Cooking for others is obviously a labour of love for Peter. You won`t want to disappoint him.

As all the great places we stay in, it`s the little touches that make this place - umbrellas to borrow, tea and coffee when ever you want complete with home made cake, robes for the bathroom, guidebooks you can borrow. All of this because of the thought and care Peter puts into the place. He is one of the kind caring people of this world.

And finally, it`s in a great location - only 5 minutes from the Leidesplein. This is easy to get to from the airport too. Bus 370 stops at the airport and Leidesplein, we only had to wait 10 minutes both ways. I believe the bus runs every half hour but of course Peter can give you all the details!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

The photos are exactly as on the website. Peter responded to my request for somewehre good to have breakfast (after a very early monring flight) with a phone call to my home to suggest Tousaints Cafe (excellent) and directions! The house is minuites from Leidseplein and unassuming from the outsude so follow the very clear instructions or you might walk round the block like we did! The stairs to the doors are very steep but it's well worth the climb as the house is delightful. We girls shared the Dalmation and Boxer rooms - beds big and so comfy, decor and design elements lovely. Our self contained floor included the sitting room and kitchen, both very stylish. The roof terrace rooms though, would be lovely in summer as the terrace is just outside the room doors.( views of other houses but still very pretty) Peter is a perfect host, helpful but not intrusive. tasty breakfast in the sumptuous dining room with candles ans the company if fellow guests makes for a feeling of english country house but you didnt feel like you needed to dress up!! We stayed during dreadful storms and Peter made every attempt to help us with flight information (as did lots of locals - Amsterdam people are open and friendly. Stay at Boogaards, breakfast, or lunch at Toussaints and spend at least two hours relaxing in the American cafe in fantastic art deco surroundings and not expensive please - and you can't go too far wrong!

Stayed January 2007
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

There is not much that I can say about Boogaard's that hasn't already been said in the other glowing reviews, except that it is easily the best B&B my wife and I have ever stayed in. My wife's favorite part was the Jack Russell terrier, Pepe. Mine was the breakfast. Peter makes some damn good pancakes! We will most definitely return to Boogaard's the next time we are in Amsterdam!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

My stay at Boogaard's B&B was exactly what I needed! My husband is currently in Iraq and we met in Amsterdam for a few days before heading to Rome. Since flights from Iraq are erratic at best...I was in Amsterdam for three days before my husband finally arrived. Peter, the host at Boogaard's, immediately made me feel at home! Peter is the perfect host; he is so very, very nice, kind, caring, knowledgeable about anything to do with Amsterdam, speaks flawless english, and he recommended the most wonderful, close restaurants. He was kind enough to have my room ready for an early arrival - my plane landed at 07:40 in the morning and he told me to come straight away and relax. I have never experienced such hospitality from any hotel or B&B! I stayed in the Dalmation room - it was exceptionally clean, well-appointed, nice and roomy, the bed was large and extremely comfortable, and the decor was tranquil and serene. The private kitchen was spacious, clean and stocked with a variety of meats, cheeses, fruits, juice, milk, coffee, breads, and desserts. I can't wait to return...not so much to see Amsterdam but to visit with Peter, Tomasz, and Pepe. Thank you for making my vacation a wonderful dream to cherish forever!

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

My Boyfriend and i loved that place....it has to be one of the best place we have ever stayed and i have stayed in many hotels and bed and breakfast places. The welcome was very warm, and informative, the aroma of the room caputured your heart and the freedom to have a kitchen full of yummy food to eat whenever you felt like having the munchies or make your own breakfast at your own pace. We had our luggage lost during the flight from UK to Amsterdam, but did not feel lost without our luggage as Peter did his very best to accomodate us, which made us more relaxed! we also could wash our clothes in the washing machine that was already there, but we didn't as fortunately our luggage came in time.
Highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2006
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2006

My daughter and I had a short stop in Amsterdam on our way to the States for Christmas. During our short stay, Peter made us feel like family. One morning we had to get up extra early, but Peter made sure we had a amazing hot breakfast, with a beautifully set table, hot coffee, and hot chocolate for my daughter. The rooms were clean, cozy, and we loved the selection of movies we could check out and watch in our rooms. The location is perfect, just a short walk to the heart of Amsterdam, and the beautiful canals. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I go back to Amsterdam! Thank you Peter for your hospitality! Lesley and Hannah

Stayed December 2006
Bradford,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

Look no further,this is the best B&B in Amsterdam.As soon as you arrive your host Peter is so welcoming,the rooms are beautifully decorated, very warm and cosy.The bathroom has everything you could need for your stay.Peter is not only an excellent host,he is an even better cook,with a hot breakfast to set you up for the day.On your return from a hard days sight seeing there is homemade cake and a warm welcome from Peter and Pepe the very friendly jack russell.I really can't say anymore other than BRILLIANT.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!