“Peter Boogaard's Extraordinary B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
You added Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Pieter Jacobszstraat 21, 1012 HL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Offers & Announcements
Winter Special
Ranked #2 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Boston, MA
“Peter Boogaard's Extraordinary B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

We have recently returned from a business/pleasure trip to Amsterdam and Paris. In Amsterdam, we stayed at Peter Boogaard's lovely B & B. Words cannot adequately describe our experience. Peter was a gracious host, preparing gourmet food every morning. In the afternoons we would find baked goodies such as apple cake, bread pudding and brownies (made by Peter). Our accommodations were comfortable, warm and inviting. We stayed in a lovely room with a great bed/ lots of pillows. So many special touches. We had access to a well-stocked kitchen where we could prepare coffee, tea and cook, if desired.The location is convenient to Amsterdam Central train station, great restaurants, the city tram, and of course the lovely canals of the city.
Every detail was addressed by Peter. He was extremely helpful with our specific issues involving tradeshow luggage, shipping, transportation, sending us off to Paris with bread pudding(out of this world), etc. We are so appreciative for this wonderful experience and look forward to returning next year.
Thank you Peter.
Regards,
Jonathan and Marcie

• Liked — Location, comfortable room with kitchen access.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

I found Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast on Tripadvisor, and based on the reviews we booked three nights there. We were not disappointed. The rest of the reviews reflect what a great achievement Peter has made with his B&B.
Our fridge was always stocked with drinks and we never ran out of cakes, which Peter baked every day. The kitchen contained a great stock of tea, herbal tea, coffee, cup-a-soup and hot chocolate. There was a laptop available in the shared living room for us to use at our convenience.
We had a great chat with Peter the one morning we had breakfast here and his adorable dogs were very friendly and well-trained.
We were able to make food in the mini kitchen in our shared living space one night and there was even wine glasses available so we could have a drink with our meal.
Peter loaned us umbrellas when it was raining which was so useful.
The B&B is within walking distance to everything you want to see in Amsterdam, or you could rent a bike or catch a tram. It's a short walk from Centraal Station to the B&B.
Even though it is close to the Red Light it is very quiet and we had no problems. We felt more like locals than tourists staying here.
Everything you need for a pleasant stay in Amsterdam, I only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

I took my girlfriend to Amsterdam for the weekend as a birthday present and was lucky enough to discover Boogaards on tripadvisor. Peter (the host) was an absolute delight; the rooms were immaculate and the beds were very comfy. When we arrived there was even a selection of biscuits and freshly baked cakes that Peter had made which we were free to eat! Boogaards is situated close to the city centre and prices are very reasonable. I have never stayed in a B&B which has offered as good service as this one and Peter has clearly put his heart and soul into the business.

Highly reccomended I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

My partner and I were heading to Amsterdam for a few days, and I booked this place as it was so highly recommended on Tripadvisor. So, I was pretty confident that it would be good, but it totally exceeded my expectations.
Peter was the most hospitable and accomodating host we have encountered anywhere in the world. The facilities were top notch, beautiful room, beautiful house, soft drinks and beers in the fridge, not to mention Peter's wonderful baking, and the great breakfasts!
He was very helpful with restaurant and sightseeing recommendations so we didn't have to just plod the normal tourist trail.
I would love to go back and visit again some time and would not hesitate to recommend this place to others.

• Liked — The host, and the food
  • Disliked — If I have to say something probably the weight I've gained from all the gorgeous food!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

This is simply, one of the best places I've ever stayed in my travelling life. Peter was the best host anyone could ask for!! You're made feel so comfortable from the moment you ring the doorbell. I was staying with a friend and we booked the Pug room in advance and It was a great room with street view. It's got a very clean ensuite bathroom, large shower, lots of room in there. Bedroom is very big too, the bed is just so comfortable. Outside the bedroom there's a large sitting room to share with guests from the opposite bedroom. There are freshly baked goods there every day. The brownies and apple cake are special. Also a coffee machine, Beer, soft drinks all in the fridge for you to drink FOC!!

Breakfast is a unique experience. Each day has a different theme, we experienced the New York breakfast which included freshly baked bagels with a range of toppings, followed by spiced apple cake. The next morning was a breakfast of Pancakes.... i loved the bacon!! And there's so much food too, you're really full for the rest of the day. The last morning was the Dutch breakfast, boiled eggs and lots of breads with cheese, ham, salami etc...

Altogether I will definitely be coming back to Boogaard's!! It's great value for money, and you're treated really well. I definitely left Boogaard's feeling like part of the family.

• Liked — Everything.... i cannot say anything negative
  • Disliked — N/A there's nothing not to like, everything is likeable...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Amsterdam was the first leg of my European honeymoon and we were not disappointed here. Boogard's is in a good location, clean, spacious, comfortable, etc. All the other positive reviews speak for themselves. I would stay here again for sure. My husband and I ended up having to stay an extra night in Amsterdam due to a train strike in Belgium (we were on our way to Paris through Belgium) and luckily Peter (the owner of the B&B) was able to accommodate us for the extra night. It was just luck really but we were happy we could stay another night. Peter is nice. Very chatty. Breakfasts were delish with endless coffee, fresh juice, quiche, pancakes and other yummy treats.

• Liked — Location, room, cleanliness, breakfasts
  • Disliked — I guess the long narrow staircases, don't reccomend it for older people or disabled
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

You just can't beat Boogaard's and Peter. Not to mention, adorable Curly and Pepe. Like another reviewer, I had just come from Tanzania, Africa, and the welcome and comfort of Boogard's were all the more appreciated--as well as the almost instaneous free laundry service. But even if I had come directly from New York, this still is the best B &B I have ever stayed in. The house is beautiful, spacious and comfortable, and Peter is the best host. His breakfasts, snacks, companionship and advice made my stay in Amsterdam all the more special.

• Liked — The room and sitting area, the food, and the advice and companionship.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!