“Delicious Sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

+31 20 6241931
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #750 of 2,412 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Indian, Vegetarian, Dutch, International, Bistro, Fusion, Organic, Asian fusion, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My friend and I stopped here on Saturday for lunch and it was delicious, i definitely recommend it for a great relaxing lunch with top class-friendly service.
To start we had traditional indian chai made with milk, i would have liked more spice in mine but thats personal preference. This was followed with very tasty sandwiches, i had the 'heavenly special' which was amazing, just the right amount of spice. My friend had the tikka masala and she enjoyed it... there is the option to have a wrap if you're not in the mood for a bread roll. Would have liked to try a dessert but the sandwich was very filling so missed it this time but i'll definitely be back :) Fantastic!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Original menu that works really well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We headed over to HMWL on a cold and wet Sunday morning in October for hot soup and coffee which was just what was required. The idea of lightly curried vegetables in a panini for brunch was intriguing but I'm so glad I tried it - it was fabulous. It converts into an Indian restaurant in the evening which I'm sure is very good based on our lunchtime experience. Very easy to get to on tram and handy for museums.

temecula california
“Thank you Pam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife is gluten free and started talking with Pamela, the owner, about how she would love some gluten free oatmeal as we had been traveling for a couple of weeks and were getting tired of the same old thing (eggs, etc) for breakfast. Pam suggested that if we wanted to come back tomorrow for breakfast, she would go to the grocery that night and purchase the oatmeal for us. We took her up on it and came back the next day and had our special oatmeal.

Needless to say, the level of service was above and beyond. Heavenly is a cozy, personalized restaurant on a great street with many niche shops and bars which I would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wellington, New Zealand
“Bottled water not optional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We walked out on principle when the man who appeared to be the father in this family run establishment proceeded to pop open a bottle of Evian water and fill my glass after I had requested tap water and told him I don't like bottled water for environmental reasons and that I actually prefer the taste of good old fashion trip water.

His only response while I watched in dismay was "please, it's normal here". He refused to clarify what here meant and I continued talking to him as he turned and walked away. His attitude was dismissive and a surreal demonstration of the cliche stuck up waiter, which I've actually never encountered before. We went across the street to a courteous Thai restaurant who indulged me with tap water in a wine glass. Good heavens! It was white cloth and delicious to boot.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baden, Switzerland
“Excellent Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

we really enjoyed the stay at "Heavenly Made with Love". Ambience is really nice and the food was delicious as well. What really stood out was the Service. Pam was really nice and suggested us other restaurants and places we should visit in Amsterdam.

Don't miss your chance to visit Heavenly Made with Love!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere