“Best experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #419 of 2,526 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are Argentinian restaurant located in Amsterdam Center. We served very high quality of fresh Argentinian meat, straight from the pampas. Tender & fresh
“Best experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The food, the ambiente and the people were excelent! One of the Best placas around amsterdam that I have triedro! Will come back sono.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
“The prive si good Also the service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

One night hère and i want to return un this hotel. I wil note this hôtel a+.
I lové amsterdam ans this hôtel i want to stay!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“"Best steak in Amsterdam"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for steak near central station and a waiter proclaimed, "best steak in Amsterdam, guaranteed!". We choose to dine here and it was very good. I can't say if it was best. Service was very friendly and prompt. Food was prepared very well. Grilled corn on cob was excellent. Price was expensive, but partially due location.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I usually go to the sister restaurant opposite Centraal Station but they were closing by the time I arrived this time. Disappointed as enjoy the banter with the waiters. Anyway they suggested I go to the sister restaurant owned by the same guy. Same good food and atmosphere. I told the owner I had been referred and he was very grateful and kept up the conversation. I travel alone a lot and it's nice to have some atmosphere in a place. Food is typical of a steakhouse and that's what you get! Some reviewers seem surprised. I will return.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Worst meal we had in Amsterdam”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I can not recommend this place. I went there with my wife and boys (14 years old). They advertised steak and chicken outside the resteraunt on a specials board. Initially we were sat right by the door so everytime someone came in we got a blast of cold air on our backs. Luckily another table came free so I asked if we could have it, the waiter's attitude wasn't good that I had asked.

When it came to ordering the prices al a carte were alot more than the specials advertised outside. If I remember correctly they wanted €35 for a 200g Steak. We ordered garlic bread and we wanted to share a mixed salad as a starter between us. Even though making sure I told them we wanted the salad before the main course it still all came together. When I complained they basically said it was tough, that's how it comes.

When the bill came it didn't look right and when I questioned it, they gave me the correct one!

The food was OK, not great. If I had spent €35 on a Steak I would have expected better.

In brief I would suggest somewhere else

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

AshAyad, Manager at Argentinos San Thomas - WS, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for visiting Argentinos San Thomas - WS in Amsterdam and for taking time to write your review about our restaurant.
I understand that you filling start not feeling well (negatief) when you were sat close to the door, i don't excpect that some one can got a blast of cold air if the door open.
we have a hot air curtain and inside door, I'll investigate the situation.
unfortunately, is not acceptable action what the waiter did with you, he have to move you to another table. I promise you to check how did that with you, he will get punishment.
About the price of steak, the most expensive one is fillet steak, for 200 gr the price is € 19,75, so I don't know what you mean that we wanted €35 for a 200 gr Steak.
unfortunately, in situation like this you didn't ask to talk to the manager to explain what's happened. from my side we very sorry for what's happened and we are very appreciated for your review to focus in the future to forbidden this kind of complaint.
Thanks again!