“Amazing Italian pizza, warm and rustic decor, cozy vibe” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 2,470 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Tapas, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Pacioccone is something totally new in Amsterdam: the Italian tradition of food, the quality of products and the experience. Everything comes from Italy, everything is genuine, everything is original and our Chef is an Italiano vero!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing Italian pizza, warm and rustic decor, cozy vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I'm Italian and living in Amsterdam for a while, heard great stories about this place and decided to try it with a friend for dinner. As soon as you walk in you are welcomed by a unique warm, cozy and rustic atmosphere, and feels like being in a typical and beautifully decorated italian osteria with a small touch of a wine bar.
Menu is written on an old style small blackboard and is divided into mainly 3 parts: starters (small or big), pastas (small or big) and pizzas.
As starters we went for melted pecorino cheese with honey and mashed pumpkin with provola cheese, a perfect and delicious warm start on a cold winter night.
Then the magic happened when the pizza arrived: we got the one with buffalo mozzarella and I can easily say that it was the best pizza ever tried in Amsterdam. Being italian and having eaten tons of different pizzas in my country, I have to admit that the pizza at il Pacioccone is even far better than some of the best pizzas you can find in Italy.
A hidden gem in the heart of Amsterdam city centre, il Pacioccone will make you fall in love with its enchanted atmosphere and authentically delicious italian food!!!
And don't forget to finish with a taste of Passito wine ;)

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
“THE TOP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I visited this restaurant two weeks ago.
For me is THE TOP in Amsterdam. A very great choice of italian wine!
Food is very very good!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“That's a perfect place where to eat in the center of Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Yesterday I was with some Italian friends that convinced to eat over there and ,to tell you the truth, I didn't really want to go out for dinner.
Anyway, likely at the end I decide to go, and that was a great idea!
Not only the place is super- central , small and nice, the food is RELLY good, and the chef Paolo with treat you like the italians do.
And the pizza is great! One of the best in Amsterdam I think.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Perfect all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We arrived to a warm welcome, sat down for an Aperol Spritz which was perfectly prepared. Shared some bread with a great quality olive oil. The food was wonderful so full of flavour and authentically Italian. My Pork Shank was perfectly cooked and the polenta soaked up all the flavours and juices. Service was attentive and friendly. We had a port like drink after our mains and we were on our way. We would highly recommend this place for an intimate dinner with great quality food drink and service.

SF Bay Area, CA
“The food was so good, I went two nights in a row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

A true Italian restaurant in the heart of AMS. My first night, dining alone, I had a pizza that was amazing, and too big. Somehow, I did finish it. The meal started with some homemade bread (that they do every day) heated, olive oil drizzled on top with a touch of salt.
Night two, a business dinner, the meal started with some fresh bread, again. We shared a starter - Melanzanne Parm. It was spectacular. I had polenta for a main dish, my business friend had lasagna. The meal was finished with an expresso.

The food is very true of Italy....I could go again. Next time I an in Amsterdam, I will