“Do NOT STAY HERE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #271 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Do NOT STAY HERE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Visited 72 cities in Europe, Amsterdam is the only city a hotel reservation is really necessary, otherwise, end up in this hotel. Stay there 10/14/2013, exactly like Alejandro and Lores999 said. Please believe us, it is true, someone should report this hotel to Amsterdam authority and close it down. This hotel took advantage of the travelers have no hotel reservation and giving us an unsanitary room; thinking they are doing us a favor.
My room has a warning sign about rats, the shower look like it never been cleaned, graffities are right outside my windows, yes, I think you got the messages. The things is this hotel is right accross from Amsterdam main station, great location, not in a run down neighborhood! So, don't be fool by its location. It's terrified experience, I throw away all my clothes after I leave this hotel, I will not surprise if there are lice in bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed last summer in the Alfa Hotel. I hadnt a reservation and unfortunately Amsterdam was almost to its full capacity. So, we found the alfa hotel. Like Lores999 pictures said all the walls are painted, our rooms were not made when we arrived to our room. It was the worst hotel I've ever been at.

Room Tip: Don't do it The price was around 50 euros per person. Stay here just as your last option
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Unbelievably rank. Worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. Bloodstained toilet roll, bloody finger print on the bathroom door, ,mouldy food and old bottles in cupboards, light fittings broken, graffit all over fridge and walls, dirty sheets/pillows, Only saving grace was that it was so bad it was funny - we were a group celebrating a friend's hen do and only stayed the one night (thankfully). Cheap & good location though!

Room Tip: I'm not sure any room would be ok!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Alfa Amsterdam? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Alfa Amsterdam

Address: Martelaarsgracht 14, 1012 TR Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Dam Square
Ranked #271 of 306 B&Bs / Inns in Amsterdam
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Alfa Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Alfa Amsterdam, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.