“Superb modern hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

You added Room Mate Aitana to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   IJDok 6, 1013 MM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #35 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Superb modern hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in march. I only paid £75 for a standard room. Fantastic price. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from central station, very easy to find. Great location looking onto the water and no noise at night. It is not out of the way as some reviews suggest, the 500 meters is probably as the crow flies.check in very easy but they put £200 on your credit card???? It is refunded at check out, what happens if you don't have a credit card? The rooms are excellent. Beds amazing. Cant say a bad word about the hotel, great decor and spotlessly clean. It would be my first choice to stay here again. Breakfast in the hotel is very good but i thought a little expensive at 17.5 euros. No problem getting breakfast for 6 or 7 euros. I know it wont be as good as the hotel but 35 euros is an expensive start to the day. In a nutshell....book this hotel you will have no regrets. Airport to central station 9 euros return, with trains every 20 minutes, don't get ripped off in a taxi.

• Stayed March 2014
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Ken B,

thank you for sharing your 5-star review with us. It is fantastic to read that we will be your first choice when you return to Amsterdam, as this obviously indicates you had a great time with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the beds, they have been designed especially for Room Mate hotels, as a great bed is one of our pillars!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we would love to welcome you back at Room Mate Hotels!

Kindest regards,

Merijn Veken
Accomodation Manager
m.veken@room-matehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location, easy to walk to central station and everywhere else. The decor is a bit different inside - trendy and modern - and the rooms are big, nicely decorated and very clean. Huge comfy bed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here just before Christmas at the beginning of Dec and the hotel was fab! Large comfy beds, large bathroom - great shower. Nice walk to the centre wasn't to far. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel it's self but could not fault it.
The receptionist was very helpful and told us a few great places to eat. I would stay here again the view was great, huge windows. :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Let me say this, I have never stayed at a hotel that has been as chilled, helpful and beautiful as this one. I booked through my trusted booking.com and in the special requests I asked for a room out of the way of noise as I am over here to study. These notes I usually just write for the sake of it because nobody ever reads them. Room Mate hotel did! I got a 7th floor room (703) overlooking the water it was so beautifully clean spotless and silent. I couldn't hear anything! My room was ready by half 12 even though check out is generally at 2pm and it was great because I was utterly exhausted from the travelling.

Hotel staff gave me a map and lots of help with making my way around. Cab driver right outside to take me to the Dappermarket, that was cool.

The hotel staff are immaculate. I am still in the hotel now and from the cleaners to the managers and receptionists, everyone is gorgeous and it makes a difference to your stay to see so many happy smiling people everywhere!

I cannot fault a single thing, I am absolutely stunned, the service, everything is just perfect. I felt like I was at home in London not in a foreign city all on my own. Tipped my chambermaid for being so patient with me, im so crap at packing to leave but she gave me my space and I was really grateful to her.

Will I be back? Damn straight! Im coming back with my friends this summer, hotel room mate is the spot to be, forget all those sleasy de wallen dives, stay in complete luxury at room mate. This hotel is better than any 5* I have stayed in in london or anywhere elso for that matter. Hands down my favourite trip ever.

What more can I say! Thanks so much guys!

Holly xx

Room Tip: 701 the room next door to mine will have had a staggering view I reckon but 703 was perfect I woke u...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Holly,

The first thing I did after reading your review was printing it on high quality paper and place it in a honorary place on our internal noticeboards for everyone to read. I have noticed the pride our staff takes in reading it, thank you for sharing!

The biggest compliment is when our guests are returning, so it gives me great pleasure to know that you will be back this summer, together with your friends. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again!

Thank you for sharing your positive energy, and until next time!

Kindest regards,

Merijn Veken
Accomodation Manager
m.veken@room-matehotels.com
Trento, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great location by the canal and less than 10 min walk from Amsterdam Centraal (beware of bicycles, they ride like crazy and you don't hear them coming!) This is a design hotel, very modern and pleasant if you like the style (which means, if you are not looking for an "old Amsterdam" atmosphere) I enjoyed the huge window of the room, with a view on the water Excellent wifi connection (but you need to renew the connection every day) The bed was very confortable. Good to have a kettle with coffee and tea. Very good value for price (the only warning is the 17+ euro for breakfast ...).

The check-in was pretty slow (and I've been told that this is not an isolated case).

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the upper floors (better if facing south), the view is very nice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Central location. Very modern. only 10 minutes walk from the Central Station.
The staff are very friendly. they will do whatever they can to help and assist.
There is a free wifi internet connection inside the rooms. However, itsn't brilliant. However, I can't complain as it is free and it is a bonus.
I will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: If you arriving to Amsterdam by plane, don't bother to take a taxi. You can use the train o the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Checked in with no problems, our room was beautiful, comfortable and stylish, looked very elegant in the evenings. Staff were helpful and polite. Bar was a bice area to use. Prime location and amazing scenery. Will definatly be using this hotel again...very soon!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Room Mate Aitana? Share your experiences!