“New on the scene” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Newport, United Kingdom
“New on the scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have booked a room in Aitana when it wasn't open yet. I was a bit worried that I would find a construction site upon arrival... But no, there is an impressive modern building towering over new marina. As a boater I liked the place straightaway. The location is great, just few minutes walk from Central Station and Metro, bit farther away from Old Town but still in walking distance. The lobby is impressive yet warm. The staff is absolutely great! So friendly, enthusiastic and willing to help? No question not answered, no request not dealt with. And all these with smile and kindness. The rooms are big and very airy with windows from the floor to the ceiling. Sadly mine was facing a building not an Amsterdam panorama. But, I have been promised, that next time I will get a room with a view! Beds are comfortable, bathroom with very spacey shower cubicle. Coffee and tea facilities in the room is always a bonus for me. The mini bar was ok and moderately priced. The breakfast was really good and choice of food satisfactory. There is a lobby bar with huge chairs, very comfortable and modern. There is no restaurant though (yet). Not a problem as the staff can order a food for you from nearby restaurant. I will stay there again and I hope to see the same smiling faces which I value more then a view from my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Zibby K,

What a delight to read your review! We are so happy to know that your stay with us has been to your complete satisfaction. Your compliments regarding our smiling and helpful staff are especially appreciated, and I will be sure to place your review on a special place on our noticeboard for everyone to read!
You will be happy to know that restaurant I-Dock will be in full service in a matter of weeks, inlcuding a lovely terrace at the Marina!
Please feel free to contact us for a room overlooking both the Marina and Amsterdam. I am sure as a boater you will appreciate this view!

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we would love to welcome you back soon!

m.veken@room-matehotels.com

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I would like to thanks all the staff, very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice, with a big confortable bed and very clean. The hotel is about 10 minutes by the centraal station. The breakfast is also nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael F.

thank you for your kind words in reviewing our hotel! It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many things during your stay with us. I hope you hade a wonderful time in Amsterdam, and hope we may welcome you back next time you are in Amsterdam!

m.veken@room-matehotels.com
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

A friend and I were visiting Amsterdam and we had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Its a fairly new hotel opened 2013 but almost everything is in place. The only thing we were made aware off, was that the restaurant has not yet opened, but they do serve breakfast and it was to our liking. I was most impressed by the service at the hotel as they tried at all times to assist guest and they were always plenty of people to ask anything from. The hotel location is also great as it is near the central station. I would recommend this hotel for tourists but I also saw plenty business people at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear ProudlyNA,

what a pleasure to read your review of our hotel! It gives us great satisfaction to read that you were impressed with the service provided by our staff. You will be pleased to read that the restaurant and bar will be opened shortly, and we expect the marina to be functioning in the course of 2014!

Thank you for your stay with us, we would love to welcome you back at Room Mate!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I travel a lot to Amsterdam and often i experienced of bad service, In Room Mate the staff is very helpful was always ready to help with a smile. Rooms are very clean, design is different but very nice. Make sure you ask for a room with a view on the high floor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Simon A,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us. We are very happy to read that you had such a nice stay with us! At Room Mate we strive to offer only excellent service, and reading your experience I am happy to see that you experienced it this way!
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam!

Billericay, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I arranged a surprise trip to Amsterdam for my husband's birthday. Right from my initial booking to confirming the number of rooms we needed, through to our stay and check out, I could not have asked for a better customer service.
There were 9 of us in total and we all rate the hotel and staff as top class. Paloma and Micaela simply couldn't have done enough to made our stay any better. Thank you!
The location is great. It's a little bit away from all the hussle and bussle which is perfect and a very enjoyable stroll through the shopping area with great bars and restaurnats to Dam Square etc
I look forward to returning again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view from higher up!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Julie C,

What a delight to read your enthusiastic review of our stay with us! At Room Mate we strive for our guests to enjoy excellent service, and I am happy to read that your experience was so positive. I will share your review with our entire team, especially Paloma and Micaela who I know will read it with pride.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We would love to welcome you back with us on your next visit to Amsterdam. To receive a direct discount on your next visit, please use the action code 'Aitanafan' on our website when making a reservation.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just came back after three nights stayed in this hotel. The location was nice, 10 mins walk to central station, the area is quiet at night, and you cannot hear any noise from the train. The room was spacious, big window with great city view, bathroom with rain forest shower, but the room we stayed without a bath, asked receptionist, got the answer as most rooms are like that, some of the rooms has bath/shower combined, so we stayed where we were. The hotel was only opened from September, modern design but gym and restaurant are not finished yet. At night the room got a bit cold, tried to turn up the AC but not working properly, called down to reception, was told the hotel still new, some of the AC not working very well, but got extra blanket instead.
Pros: Nice location, Quiet at night, good value.
Cons: Not finished yet, AC not working properly.
Over all, it was a nice stay, could be better when the hotel is fully finished. Would recommend to a friend stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tigerprawns,

thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay in our hotel! I am happy to read that you had an overall good experience and that you would recommend us to a friend!
You mention some improvements that we could make, thank you for those comments. Only by hearing from our guests first hand can we improve our product and services.

You will be pleased to know that our Fitness area is operational, and the restaurant will open in a short while. We even will have a marina and outside terrace opening in the course of 2014!

It was our pleasure having you as our guest, and we would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is at a great location. Approx 10 mins walk from the central station. You need to call the staff to get the coordinates if you plan to drive. It's on a man made island hence does not show up on GPS.
The staff and front office folks are friendly and helpful.
The management attend to guests to get their views. Which I see as positive.
Room was spacious. Tastefully decorated. Free WiFi.
Scope for improvement with room cleaning team and their timing.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Room Mate Aitana? Share your experiences!