“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is ideally suited if you are driving a hire car or travelling in by train. The hotel is not yet listed on any sat nav so you have to look for the nearest road as the hotel was only completed recently. On arrival you enter and to park you must veer left to the underground parking facility that is secure and leads to the hotel via a lift however the cost is 50 euros a day less 50% discount if staying in the hotel and the cost is added to your room, Also if driving you need your ticket to open the door that leads to the parking area, if you lose it or misplace it you will endure a substantial wait to get out the parking area.

The hotel is very modern and minimalistic which I like. The place is very fresh and clean with helpful staff who have a cheery disposition even if they do lack a sense of emergency. The lifts are of a reasonable size and can accommodate a few people at once rather than just 1 or 2 like many small hotels in the area. The room that I had facing the city was excellent. The view was good and the TV entertainment was the best I have ever had without paying for it. Free WiFi as well. The bed was very comfortable and large with excellent AC working to required temp.

There was a free safe, fridge, tea and coffee facilities. The en suite was first class with a well designed shower that you could move about in as well as a separate bath. Very well done indeed.

The breakfast was good with plenty of options starting at 6.30.

Dam Square is approx. 10 minute walk and the main station is similar. The evening delights are very close by and I have to say that I will be using this hotel again on my visits to the area. I had read some of the reviews prior to booking and the negative ones I don't understand as both my colleagues agree with me that the hotel was well worth the money all round for location, and comfort!

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms facing the city and I think all rooms above 5th floor get a better view my roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I book this other for a conference and i must say that from the day one to check out the Hotel and all staff was amazing, Great room & beautiful view and amazing room service. All staff is quick in answers to our questions and help us in the best way possible to enjoy Amsterdam. Thank you Mrs Micaela for all support. See you soon...

Room Tip: Top floors are amazing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel will appeal to some and others will find that it is trying too hard and not succeeding. From the bronze phallic columns in the foyer, to the 'special designs' of the rooms, this hotel is not subtle, and not for those seeking traditional canal charm, or effective service. But it has some very good points.

The staff were friendly, when we could get their attention, but failed to achieve most of what we asked. I had phoned far in advance to ask for a restaurant booking, and had (at their request) confirmed the request by email). They assured us they would take care of it, but on arrival, we found that they rang too late could not get a booking. We had chosen this hotel partly for its proximity to the restaurant (a favourite for a business contact we were entertaining), so this was a problem, as well as somewhat embarrassing as we had to disappoint our guests.

The staff also kindly offered to print out the tickets for the Rijksmuseum that we had bought online, but failed to notice that what they had printed out for us was just the email, not the tickets themselves (we should have checked ourselves, but it did suggest a lack of attention to detail). So it was a bit awkward when we presented the email at the museum...

Our room (standard with panoramic view) was spacious and immaculately clean. The large bed was very comfortable with good quality sheets. We also liked the spacious shower with rain or hand-held shower heads. Free wifi worked and was appreciated.

However, there was an irritatingly fluorescent lighting/design feature at the top of one wall, urging us that 'amsterdam is a city with much to offer...' that was echoed on the opposite wall in blue plastic lettering that was peeling off the wall, which did not add to any sense of fun or luxury. Anyone with a sense of order or with the slightest OCD tendencies would be sorely tempted to complete the job and peel them all off.

On balance, if you just want a comfortable big bed in a clean spacious environment not too far from city centre, and you don't need help from the staff, this is a decent option.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked to stay in another hotel in Amsterdam, and on arrival we were told we were to be moved because they over booked.... ggggrrrr. Anyway at arrival at the Aitana we were very impressed. Close to the station. We had a beautiful room with views over the river, still honouring the free mini bar we had at the other hotel..... Brand new - everything still smelt like that. Staff quick to check in and offered us free breakfast too because we had to be moved. Very helpful young staff. Rooms big, great bathroom, free safe and wifi. Only problem was there restaurant hadn't yet opened so we had to go out for food. Breakfast was a very good selection served from 7.30-12! Beds are big and really comfy here too!

Room Tip: Room with a view of the river
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The very easygoing style that room mate already is known for.
Big rooms and big beds.. Very friendly staff..

Still some works on the building but nothing too noisy... Also the restaurant will work only in December..

Hope to stay here again...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here late September. The hotel building is impressive although the room was not finished. There were bare cables hanging down from the ceiling presumably for light fittings. Throughout my stay the smart TV did not work at all. Promises were made that it would fixed on three trips to reception these were not honoured. I stayed 4 nights. This according to the my original booking confirmation entitled me to a long stay discount. On check out however this was not applied to my bill and I was overcharged. The receptionist would not listen to me. As I no longer had my booking voucher, which was handed in, it was not possible to offer evidence. On my return I E mailed them. This was ignored. I sent another, I said I would be writing a review on Trip Advisor. I received a reply saying That I was correct I should not have been charged more than the original booking charge. I would be refunded. I am still waiting. I have contacted MasterCard and raised a dispute. It does not matter how good a hotel will be when it is finally finished and all the facilities work, if they overcharge you and will not listen to you on reception. Then I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Weybridge, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend city break. Hotel has only recently opened and does look great. Sadly I waited 20 minutes in the queue to check in at a quiet time, according to the staff. Check out was even more tedious. The process seems overly bureaucratic with forms to fill in and slow computer systems. It took 12 minutes at the desk to check me in, thats for one adult on a pre-paid reservation. This needs to be improved.
On positive side there is excellent free wifi through out the hotel, the bar/lounge has great service and I loved the room decor

Stayed October 2013

Been to Room Mate Aitana? Share your experiences!