“The place for Spanish ham snacks and wine.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 2,435 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“The place for Spanish ham snacks and wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Cozy place to get a drink and your choice of Spanish ham. The proprietor very patiently explained how they prepare the ham and the differences between the various kinds. We had a couple of very tasty selections. Best Spanish ham I have tasted.

Visited October 2013

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We chanced upon Ibericus while walking a short distance out from our hotel; and we have to say it's the best place to have a quick chow before heading off in the morning. Staffs are friendly and helpful.

The hams are simply delicious, with different variety of bread to choose from to go with it.

A quick stop here in the morning and you're definitely off to a good start! :)

• Visited August 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“I missed home's flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Last week I visit Amsterdam as Tourist. I found Ibericus walking arround, waiting for an evening tour out of the city, and trying to find a nice lunch before the tour.
I was so happy to find it, cause for the same price as other snake places in the area, you can find a real healthy and authentic meal. I Know them from Sitges, my couple and I enjoyed to eat home's flavours in Amsterdam.

And about the gloves, I'm very fussy about higiene (I'm nurse), and I realized that the person that prepares the sandwiches was not the same that touched the money.

• Visited August 2013
Bolulla, Spain
“Jamon - excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was so happy to discover this deli. I lived in Spain and love Serrano jamon, so to find this place in Holland was very exciting. The quality of the jamon is exceptional and made me feel at home in Spain eating a bocadillo. Every time I go to Amsterdam I have to go in and pick up some jamon. With the jamon authentically hung from the ceiling and the smells I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Poor knowledge about HCCP”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

No doubts about the fact that this shop caters best quality Spanish hams that surprisingly are left hanging from the ceiling just as if you were in Spain.
I happily realize that the un-friendly Dutch weather well contributes to the cure of this expensive yet delicious legs of pata negra and more.
in fact the un-famous humidity of the air in Holland does not well to any curing nor keeping of hams, salami etc etc . one reason for the Dutch not to be able to produce the delicacies found in south of Europe.

this is a great spot to get your sandwich filled with the delicious pork but soon to notice is the fact that that you will be attended by passionate employees that seem to never take off their gloves trough the all process:

- cutting bread
-cutting ham
-stuffing the sandwiches
- wrapping the sandwiches
- printing the receipt
- getting the cash money
- digging into the cashier to prepare your change

and ready for the next one

my point is that they yes wear gloves but they also use the same gloves to touch anything from garbage cans , money , sponges to clean the tables , food , ham , etc etc ..

It's Amsterdam and there is lot to write about hygiene , food handling and processing etc etc but i had hoped that this Spanish corner would make the difference by showing how food should be handled ...

• Visited June 2013