“nice, crowded place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,852 of 2,584 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chicano's is the place to go in Amsterdam if you wish to enjoy great dishes from four different cuisines. From a juicy Argentinean steak or Mexican burrito's to spicy Spanish tapas and creamy Italian pasta's. With a 3 course-menu, you can make a journey through 3 different countries. That's what makes Chicano's perfect for groups, as there is a great choice for everyone.Chicanos few minutes walking form the shopping centrum Amsterdam , RIJKS Museum , Vondel park , Theater , Van Gough Museum , the beste Restaurant in Amsterdam in hart centrum Amsterdam for big Groups
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“nice, crowded place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We visited this place twice on our 5 days trip to Amsterdam. First time we ate special deal with Mixed grill (you get 3types of meat, such as steak, chicken and ribs with side of small salad and fries). Meat was nice, especially for the price. 2days later, we got stop by people, whose job eventually was to bring customers inside and we've decided to go with Mexican. Tasty Enchiladas- not to big, but we were full, so let's say right portion. We got shocked how they served Chilli con carne. I've never seen anything like this, but I gotta admit, it was just perfect, one of the best chilli con carne I've tried in my life. A+ for that.

PROS- size, taste, price
CONS- it's quite crowded inside. so if you look for a quite and romantic dinner, you can get a bit disappointed, but if you look for busy full of people place, you should give a try.

New York City, New York
“hearty delicious meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went there last week. We were a little bit affraid, because there was plenty of special deals hanging outside, so we thought it will be cheap tourist place, however we were to hungry we would eat anything. Well, we got shocked. We ordered starter for two Pici Para and it was huge and delicious. Then we followed with fajitas "chicanos". It was good, could be more spicy though. Also a very polite waiter recommended us bottle of Argentinian wine (as he said it quite and light). We have enjoyed the place, so looking at previous reviews I have to only say that person had a bad luck, cuz we could not complain.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“THE BEST STEAK IN AMSTERDAM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was the first time I have nice food in the city of Amsterdam. its surprise me to have soft and tasty steak like this .we are group of 12 persons we coming usually to Amsterdam as business group .we use to eat in different places .but this time it was first time for me to try in Restaurant Chicanos .And really it was a successful choosing .the service was super .the food was great .very tasty .the only place in Amsterdam that every one of us can choose what he want .and all of us we was more than happy with this choice .
the Best place in Amsterdam

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Huge disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ofcourse it wasn't our fist choice of restaurants in amsterdam, but it was the only restaurant that we found that served after 11 pm. Honestly after eating there, i wish i had starved to death or if i had went to burger king or any other fast food place. The food and the service were awful, and my fiancee and i both had food poisonning. And so my advice is DONT EVER TRY IT

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“An embarrassment to the hospitality industry!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's not often that I am deeply disappointed with a restaurant, but it's safe to say that this restaurant is on my list of all time deepest regrets. The two of us ate here in August 2013 and had stomach ache for 3 days.

I hate a mexican burrito which was as dry as a bone, my partner had a pizza but could only stomach a single slice. The pizza was a "deal" which came with a beer (which was quite literally about the size of two shot glasses).

Added to which, I have very serious hygiene concerns about this place. The rest rooms are disgustingly filthy and we even saw the chef visit them without washing his hands - no wonder we had upset stomachs for the duration of our holiday!

Under no circumstances should you visit this restaurant, it's an absolute embarrassment. The staff didn't seem to care that we disliked the meal, the waitress serving couldn't care less - I suspect she has to deal with complaints daily. I hate to say this because I hate the place too, but go to Mc Donands if you're so desperate!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere