“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Kloveniersburgwal 18, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #860 of 2,412 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Vegetarian, Dutch, Bagels, Café, Sandwiches
London
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me and my girlfriend visited here after an extremely long bike ride that day, I became light headed so we thought we would just stop anywhere for a bite to eat and a drink. What a place! We both had a ham and cheese toastie and shared a quiche Lorraine, well, it was so delicious! Everything is home made and to such a good standard! We had the 3 plates of food & a few drinks and it came to 20 Euros so can't complain about that too! The staff speak perfect English too. A must

“Little gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were visiting Amsterdam for the day and stumbled across this little cafe, it's was lovely and one of the highlights of our trip! Had the goats cheese, walnut & honey toasty on rye bread OMG! It was delicious hands down best toasty I've ever had. I have tried to recreate this since returning home to Scotland but got nowhere near how good Broodbars was. We also had the carrot cake and lemon meringue pie which was probably the lightest most refreshing lemon meringue I've ever had! Also try the lemon tea it's awesome, I've had lemon tea in NYC, Turkey etc and this one beat them all hands down! Honestly if I was visiting the city again I would defo be visiting this little cafe again. Lovely food, lovely staff and a great place to watch the world go by!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Small but good. A few seats outside that allow for good people watching. Coffee and food is good if in the area.

Visited December 2013
Germany
“Good Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We made a day trip to Amsterdam and sort of stumbled upon this sandwich shop. The atmosphere is welcoming and the layout is simple. I liked how the menu was split into easy to read sections to choose whatever type of bread and fillings you wanted. My wife and I split a sandwich and left satisfied. Overall, This is a nice place to grab a quick bite to eat while you're exploring the wonders of Amsterdam.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

High quality breakfast. A relaxed environment.
A nice place to start the day. I recommend the bacon and eggs. The staff were friendly and attentive.