“perfrect .. i stayed at 1006 room from 30-12 to 4-1” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art'otel Amsterdam

You added Art'otel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Art'otel Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikkade 33, 1012 TM Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #28 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“perfrect .. i stayed at 1006 room from 30-12 to 4-1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

t is such a great experience to stay at this hotel. Everything is perfect. Starting with the welcome and check it that is so informal and friendly. The rooms are OMG, the bath and toilets and the bed and the TV - everything is so perfect . i add 2 picture taken by me @aealbaghli

Room Tip: city view room - 1006
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dirk B, General Manager at Art'otel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Ahmad A, What a great pictures, thank you for sharing! Nice that you tipped your room with a view as well; we must say that it is pretty special to watch over the beautiful central station from the moment you wake up! Hope to see you soon! Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location is perfect for tourists and it's an easy walk to many of Amsterdam's sights. We were surprised at how quiet our room was, given the hotel's location. The staff are warm, friendly, and really helped make us feel comfortable as newcomers to the city. The front desk staff were very attentive to our needs (e.g., regarding cabs and reservations) and the wait staff at breakfast were friendly and efficient.

The rooms have a sleek, modern design, comfortable beds - and I appreciated the art installations. My only gripe about the hotel was that the sauna was not operational. It was a selling feature for me and I was disappointed that it was not in working order.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Art'otel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Bussia Travels,

Thank you for your nice review! We loved to read that you enjoyed our service. It is indeed quite surprising how quiet our rooms are even though we are in the busy part of Amsterdam. Next time you visit we will do our very best to have a hot sauna waiting for you! We look forward to your visit next time! Kindest regards,
Herzlia, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

It is such a great experience to stay at this hotel. Everything is perfect. Starting with the welcome and check it that is so informal and friendly. The rooms are OMG, the bath and toilets and the bed and the TV - everything is so perfect. As a business traveler this is the best designed room I stayed. The table is wide with the ability to plug in all the cables.
The decor and design is breath taking, unique..and makes you think. The gallery downstairs was nice to visit. What a nice concept.
The bar of the hotel is a fantastic place to relax, and the restaurant was exactly what one needs when finish a long day and don't want to go out. Real treat. from the beginning to the end, I didn't was to leave - so be sure I'll be back soon, Thank!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Art'otel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Ronit55,

Thank you for the wonderful words! What a great compliment that you found your room the best designed room you stayed in! As you did not want to leave us, we hope to see you back soon ;)!

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Perfect hotel, close to the main attractions of the city. In front of the station, which is actually very beautiful. Nice neighborhood. The rooms were perfect, ours on the 4th floor was very quiet. The service is friendly but very professional and attentive. We also ate at the hotel restaurant, very good, inexpensive. Frankly, one of the best hotels in Europe that we could attend. Nice, classy, ​​quiet, modern.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nico60,

We could not expect a better review than being named as one of the best hotels in Europe! It was our pleasure having you here with us and we hope to great you again during your next stay in Amsterdam!

All the best!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Service and staff are top notch - shout out to Jamal - super helpful from door man, front desk, restaurant, bar and room service.
Had a room facing the busy train station, sound was not an issue -
Had a few minor issues with snacks in the room, room cleaning etc - but all in all good experience - would return when in Amsterdam.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveller NYC,

Thank you so much for your review. Staff and service are both very important aspects for us, so to hear the words “top notch” is just amazing :)! We would love to hear from you next time you are in Amsterdam.

All the best!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I'm going to keep this short and brief. Very impressed with the service and quality of Art'otel Amsterdam. It was my first time in Amsterdam and my first time in Europe for that matter too. The staff was very helpful in giving directions or suggestions to places around the hotel.

The restaurant was incredible too. Special thanks goes out to Jamal (Doorman), Adriana (Server), Neilson (Front Desk) and Karolina (Front Desk). Def will come back here next time in Amsterdam.

Also, having a 24 hour gym that had everything I need to get a intense workout was a plus.

Thanks,

Bobby M.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view of the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dirk B, General Manager at Art'otel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Bobby M,

Thank you very much for your review. We've shared your compliments with our team and it's great to hear that we've made your first visit to Europe into a lasting memory!

We hope to see you soon!

Have a lovely day!
Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed in Room 1005 for on a business trip on 12th December and think this hotel is great - top service, amazing design, inspiring art and sculptures.

I was greeted warmly by attractive ladies in red pixie boots behind large red face-shaped plastic podiums as if in a surreal game show. I think they're onto a iconic sort of look there. First impressions spot on.One lady enthusiastically gave me a tour of the impressive facilities, especially the sculptures.

Only in Amsterdam could the lounge have a wall sculpture made of blow-up dolls and an "interesting" centre-piece lamp entitled lust - it's very tastefully done though and the general decor of the lounge , the bar, the gallery, the restaurant are all excellent. For me, the library was the best part though, crammed with a whole host of interesting art and design books, each one I wish I had on my own coffee table at home. I could easily spend a few days there browsing happily.

At the entrance there is a large and impressive lamp sculpture with three figures holding up the lamp - "half-wit owns one too" I thought the lady in the red pixie boots said. I confess to being half deaf, and we finally figure she said "Brad Pitt owns one too..." The staff are well trained, very welcoming and knowledgeable, and during my stay I was told two more times about Mr Pitt's purchase. I want one too.

My room was spacious and very comfy - quirky carpet, mood lighting and wifi that worked (hurray!). I have to confess my business is in providing in-room tablets to quality hotels, and we had pitched unsuccessfully to the top brass at art'otel. This was a great personal disappointment as I like what art'otel is doing and know they'd fit well.

Breakfast was really good. I exited my room a little bleary-eyed, and another large illuminated sculpture in the hotel void bore down on me. Huge sperm floating on a sea of green eggs - I conclude the artist has had a bit of a life. Subconsciously I found myself ordering poached eggs with sausage, accompanied by bacon and the rest of the trimmings. It's all a-la-carte, all included in the price, and a welcome change from the monster buffet approach taken by most hotels.

My only winges are minor. My burger wasn't that great and was undercooked, and I couldn't figure the heating controls in the room and had to summon help. And I was a little underwhelmed with the interactive curtain surrounding the staircase which I had heard of and was looking forward to being wowed by - the images were blurred and a trifle dull when viewed in natural light. I'm sure it's better at night.

All in all, this hotel is fantastic, great vibe, thought provoking, and well worth spending the extra cash on. There should be more hotels like this, especially for leisure breaks. I will return for sure with my better half when we do an Amsterdam city break weekend. She may well have acquired some red pixie boots by then.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Art'otel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Gareth,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and kind review!
We really appreciate your feedback and your lovely words about our team and hotel.

We're looking forward to seeing you next time with your better half when you're in Amsterdam!!

Best wishes,

Been to Art'otel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!