“The Best Bed AND The Best Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BB by Servio

Save Saved
You added BB by Servio to your Saves list
BB by Servio
Govert Flinckstraat 109-3 | Oud Zuid, 1072 EE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #36 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“The Best Bed AND The Best Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I had been travelling around Italy and Amsterdam and we stayed at BB by Servio. As my title said this is BY FAR the best bed (sooo comfortable) and once again BY FAR the best breakfast, to be honest the breakfast was unreal! I am a chef in Canada and i was wowed by the breakfast...Fresh croissants, dutch cheese, fresh sliced meat (thats right REAL meat!), fresh squeezed OJ and sooo much more! You can really tell the attention is in the detail! Super clean room, we stayed in the green room, how could you complain waking up in the forest?

Servio is such an amazing person! He was very helpful and attentive. The area is a great place to stay, lots of great restaurants close. Also it is just around the corner from a large market (good place to get nice souvenirs) we were able to walk downtown as well as take the bus. I suggest renting a paddle boat at some point we really enjoyed going up the canals getting good pictures at a great price!

The bathroom, it seems as though this is the one thing that everyone comments on. It was really not that bad, it was clean all the time, and we were never not able to use it when we needed it. If I can only give one small recomendation it was that I booked through another site and they had no mention of the shared bathroom, it might be a good idea to put that on your description. However it does mention it on trip advisor and on the BB website.

Over all our stay was fantastic, the owners are amazing, and the area is beautiful so don't hesitate and book before it hits #1 ! (Thanks Again Servio we had a great stay!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I are staying at BB by Servio for five nights and we couldn't be happier with our choice of Accommodation.

The Rooms are everything you could ever want and more. They are clean, spacious and equipped with everything you could need. You will receive a very comfortable bed, a flat screen TV and the following kitchen amenities: kettle, coffee pod machine, egg boiler, conventional microwave and a fridge. And to top that off, your fridge gets filled with yummy goodies for breakfast every day!

The location, in the adorable district of De Pijp, gives you an endless choice of food and shopping spots all it the proximity of a few minutes walking. Tram spots 16 and 24 which stop right out of the front of BB by Servio get you any where in Amsterdam in less then 15 minutes.

And lastly but not least Servio himself is a wonderful host. He is more than accommodating, so helpful with everything you need to know about Amsterdam and will do anything to make your stay special.

All in all BB by Servio is the obvious choice for your perfect stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had an excellent stay with Servio. He is very friendly and helpful with any information you might need and has done a great job with the B&B. We stayed in the Dutch Room, which was comfortable and adorable. Shared bathrooms kept very clean. The rooms are stocked daily with a breakfast spread that exceeded our expectations, and it was nice to enjoy it in our room on our own instead of the communal breakfasts more common at B&Bs in the U.S. You have to coordinate to meet Servio when you first arrive, but then you get a key and can come and go as you please. The location was also good - close enough to the center, but out of the busy touristy area and there are plenty of restaurants close by. If we ever return to Amsterdam, we will be staying again!

Room Tip: The bed in the Dutch Room is in a loft up a ladder. We thought this was awesome, but some people ma...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
brisbane, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We spent six nights in the Dutch Room and had a great stay at BB by Servio. De Pijp is a lovely neighborhood and was easy walking distance or close by on the 16 and 24 trams to everything we wanted to visit while in Amsterdam.

I suffer from chronic pain and was worried about the stairs but it was fine. We had a lot of luggage and Servio was happy to help my partner get it up and down the stairs. The bed was really comfortable which was great at the end of a long day.

Servio is a great host who has created a warm, welcoming and charming B&B. If we're ever in Amsterdam again we'd come back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Surbiton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a great stay with Servio. My husband and I stayed for three nights during the King's day celebrations in the green room.

The B&B is in a great location just slightly out of the very centre. This was perfect during the celebrations as it meant we could walk in to join in with everyone and easily escape when we'd had enough.

We thoroughly enjoyed making our own breakfasts, it was lovely to have warm bread and croissant every morning.

I think the only very minor things that would have improved our stay would have been to have our own bathroom, though sharing was not an issue as the facilities were kept spotless, and a safe in the room would have given me a little more peace of mind.

Overall we had a great time and would highly recommend the B&B to friends and family travelling to Amsterdam.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location was good as only a short tram ride out of the centre, and it was easy to find/get to. It's in a nice little area, De Pijp, which has a street market very close by. The stairs are quite steep but we managed with our two cases, and Servio asked us if we needed a hand with the luggage. Servio was very welcoming without being intrusive, his door was often open and he was always happy to answer any questions. I initially had a few reservations about the shared bathroom/toilet, but I need not have worried as I personally wouldn't have even known the facilities were shared as they were so clean! The bed was incredibly comfortable, I slept better than in my own bed at home. The breakfast was superb, and it suited us perfectly as you can have it at whatever time you choose.
Servio was very sweet by adding a few extra touches, like a basket of easter flowers on the table, and some little chocolate eggs. We had a lovely stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

How can I describe it? It was like staying with a good friend who was there when you needed him but also let you do your own thing. We stayed in the Forest Room with a very comfortable double bed, fridge stocked with goodies and all the modern amenities you could ask for. Although we did share the bathroom and separate WC, this was never a problem. For breakfast, it was self-service - open the fridge to find yogurt, eggs, healthy brown rolls, real ham, Dutch cheese, homemade jams etc etc Then, there's a small microwave / oven to bake the rolls and heat milk for coffee. There was even a plate of chocolates left for us on the table.
It's a very Dutch neighbourhood, away from the tourist but in easy walking distance of most places in the city. We tried a couple of the local restaurants - The Taj Indian Restaurant and De Waaghals Vegetarian and both were very good.
If you want to stay somewhere with a 'local' feeling away from the hordes - stay here!

Room Tip: The Forest Room was really very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BB by Servio? Share your experiences!