“Mixed feelings” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BB by Servio

Save Saved
You added BB by Servio to your Saves list
BB by Servio
Govert Flinckstraat 109-3 | Oud Zuid, 1072 EE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #34 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Goole, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Again trip advisor was one of the reasons why we decided to go for B&B Servio.On this occasion I think some of the reports were not highlighted enough to show the good and bad points.
The good points.
Servio who owns the top floor of the house was very nice and helpful and welcomed us into his home.
The room was clean and had a lovely décor ,was light and reasonably spacious(red room with the only en-suite) by the way the other two rooms as mentioned on the website have to share toilet and bathroom facilities .not ideal for some people but was stated.
The breakfast supplied was very unique ,fresh and plentiful and overall was the highlight of the stay as we had never prepared our own breakfast in the room before,we baked the bread in a convection microwave and really enjoyed this continental breakfast,a little table was in the room to eat off.
A well stocked bathroom cabinet with all the toiletries you need and even medicine.not the usual one shot individual shampoos etc but big bottles you would buy at home.
The B&B Servio was ideally situated 2 minutes from the tram line and all places of interest were on the doorstep.
The bad points.
On the top floor with no view with 4 flights of narrow steep stairs to navigate ,not ideal if you have heavy cases,infirm ,elderly or unfit,fortunately we did not fit into any of this category but it would be a struggle for some.
We had to ask for towels .
We had to ask for the heating on.
The proprietor had to ask to get some of his personal belongings out of a locked room in our bedroom.
Not enough coffee supplied for two people.
No teabags.
Limited storage space especially if you were to stay any longer than 1 night.
No bin in bedroom.
No where to hang clothing in bathroom.
Worst point and I do not know if it was a one off but the proprietor had friends over for I presume a get together and drinks etc bearing in mind he lived in the flat below our room and the noise was unacceptable from 5- 7pm until we went out into town then when we arrived back at 10.30pm the noise continued until 12.30 am or would of maybe carried on into the early hours if I had not complained.
Credit to Servio he soon turned the music off and departed his friends.but I feel this was very unprofessional when you are trying to run a business and keep customers returning.
All in all I feel this is a fair review of our experience at B & B Servio and personally I would not return because of the noise issue .Obviously different nationalities need different needs while abroad and some countries don't always provide what English people require.I think a few tweeks to the little things mentioned would improve this establishment greatly.We are middle aged travellers who wanted reasonable quality with a good nights sleep but unfortunately B & B Servio did not fulfil,maybe if you were a younger traveller who was out until the early hours you would of missed the noise problem and for the price we paid 116 euros per night I have stayed in better accommodation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BBbyServio, Eigenaar at BB by Servio, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Mister Hackney,

It a shames me that I didn't lived up to your expectations that you might have had of my B&B. I wished you experienced and enjoyed it like many others did.

In my defense, yes, I had friends over for cocktails it was Saturday evening and it was 23:15. I didn't realize you where already in bed. I am sorry, we left instantly to town when we did realized.

Maybe I can invite you back once more and offer you a great discount to compensate your discomfort...

Servio

the owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

A beautifull room in a beautifull area in Amsterdam, de Pijp. Nearby nice pubs en restaurants. Servio`s B&B is simple but romantic. A good bed, with a good breakfast at a good location, with a good host!!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed in the forest room, this was a great sized room, so clean and was great value. We loved the kitchen area and breakfast, fresh orange juice was so good and the breakfast provided was lovely.
The bed deserves special mention as this was the most comfortable I have slept in, location could not be better, so close to museums and great places to eat.
The host was brilliant, very easy going and helpful. Totally recommend for a visit to Amsterdam.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Servio's B&B. We really felt at home in this pretty and functionnal B&B. As a young couple, we appreciated the fact that the room was well equipt (hairdryer, nespresso machine, mini bar filled with fine food (included in the price of the room!!), ipod speakers, maps of the city, slippers...) The place is just perfect if you like to travel with little luggage ! (I had forgotten my Iphone charger, so it was really a lifesavior)
The decoration is very dutch and romantic, filled with cute details, and the place is very neat ! Servio is a wonderful host, leaving notes around, fresh squeezed juice in the fridge and always willing to give a hand or answer questions.
Amsterdam is a great city but of our stay we will probably overall remember the great time we spent at the B&B : given its location makes it easy to pop by for a nap or a snack during a tiring day of visits !

Do not hesitate a second, this B&B is just perfect !

Room Tip: The "small room" is not that small ! It has all you need and its really perfect. The only...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed in the Amsterdam room which had a cute bed up in the loft. The room was small enough but very cosy and nicely decorated. It was perfect for one person, possibly a couple. What I really liked was the great deli style breakfast which was different every morning. Every day, I had yummy sliced meats and cheese to try as well as fresh juice and farmer´s yogurt. I also really like the location as it wasn´t a tourist trap at all and there were loads of great restaurants, bars and cafes nearby. It was also easy to get around as it´s on a central tram line. I would really recommend this place for the friendly service and quirky style also.

Room Tip: this is in the cool part of town!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Zottegem, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The room (forest room), the breakfast, the hospitality, the attention to details, the location: in one word excellent. It wasn't our first trip to Amsterdam but after finding Servio's charming b&b, we will definitely come back even sooner!

Hoogezand, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

situated near The Albert Cuyp Market and in walking distance of the city centre lies this very cosy B&B. Nice and clean rooms with everything you need. Servio is a great host who's always available in case you need something. The fridge in our room was stuffed with food for our self-service breakfast. We will definately come here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BB by Servio? Share your experiences!