“I hated this place” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #456 of 2,627 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I hated this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Maybe I went on a bad day and I was just in a bad mood but I really hated this restaurant. I booked it for Valentime's Day not really knowing what kind of restaurant it was. I was so very disappointed that it felt a bit like a Nandos or a Frankie and Benny's.
The food was not great, the service was not great. I see there are quite a few good reviews on here, so maybe I just got a bad day, but I would not go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious set menu and great value for central Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Humphrey's serves delicious, well presented dishes in a relaxed atmosphere. It offers a fixed set menu; 3 course for 25 Euros and a great variety of choice. My partner and I both ordered the mixed grill for our main course consisting of steak, chicken and pork; all succulent and cooked to perfection. It was served with a delicious peppercorn sauce, a generous bowl of salad to share and portion of fries - safe to say we were not left hungry! The décor of Humphreys is rustic with a modern touch and dim lighting creates a romantic ambience. We had looked at a number of restaurants in central Amsterdam and this seemed great value without compromising quality, and it certainly met our expectations! The only fault would be that the service was a little slow at the beginning, when the waiter forgot our bottle of wine and this arrived after we finished our starter. This aside, the food was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Not so good second time round!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Having had an excellent dinner here for work in october i tried again in january with a friend. After many emails confirming a reservation they still could not find it on the day! However managed ti accommodate us as they weren't that busy. My food was ok but not the best and my friend was not happy as his was saturated with cooking oil. Service was not good plus they seemed to be more concerned with setting up stereo equipment which then disappeared.won't be back again!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Westbury,Wilts
“Good food but there was a problem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have given this rating not because of the food which was excellent but because of the problem we had with our discount card. Four of us went on a Wednesday and chose the 25euro menu. We had a Holland Pass card which stated in the handbook on showing our card, one card would give a discount of up to four diners so only paying 20euros. Well the food was divine and we had two bottles of house wine and beers I presented my card at the start of the order and they nodded ok. When we got the bill they charged us full price so I complained and even showed them the book with the offer in. First of all they came back and said only one card would give a discount for one meal, when I protested again they took the full discount off. The manager would not come and see us but hid in the background and sent a very nice but inexperienced waitress. We probably would have given a very good tip but after the dispute we were very upset as it spoilt our first night in Amsterdam.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Can't say how much we enjoyed our visit. Service was great and the food excellent. I'm vegetarian but I still had choice, my husband eats fish and had a prawn dish which he loved.

We'd definitely recommend to friends, it's good for couples, groups or families.