“My favourite restaurant in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #294 of 2,435 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Dear guests,We warmly welcome you in the Himalayan Kitchen restaurant. Our restaurant has been named after the highest mountains in the world.The Nepali and Indian kitchen relies on the age-old art of mixing herbs and spices. Just as ancient are the strict preparation criteria that vary according to climate, products available in a certain region, religion, and culture.Besides the written and unwritten laws of the Nepali and Indian kitchen we try to also let you encounter the unique taste of our own kitchen. We developed this taste over the years we have already been working in Amsterdam. Our chef cook has an exceptional culinary talent and uses fresh ingredients, unique and refined spice combinations, and an impeccable preparation manner to provide you with a freshly-prepared meal that.You can indicate your desired spice level and our cooks will be sure that the dishes are prepared accordingly.We do everything to accommodate your wishes, and we hope that you will feel at home here and enjoy your meal.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“My favourite restaurant in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

"Himalayan Kitchen" ticks all boxes. The food is amazing with super fresh ingredients (I fell in love with a dish called Chhoyala which is marinated lamb or chicken with special spices and fried with garlic, ginger and cumin served with typical Nepalese beaten rice), the service is warm and welcoming (brother and sister run the place with lots of love and passion - I also like their sense of humour), their wines are great and the restaurant itself is a place to relax and feel at home from the very minute you get there. Lovely people, gorgeous food and very nice drinks. A must for everyone visiting Amsterdam. Take tram 7 or 17, get off at Ten Katestraat, look for number 45 and find out for yourself. An unforgettable experience! My wife and I love this place! Thank you for taking such good care of us!!

• Visited July 2014

Oslo
“Best food ever!!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We came quite late and they were about to close, but they were so welcoming and serviceminded and kept open for only me and my boyfriend. The food was SO fresh and delicious - best butter chicken in my life!!! Nan was freshly made as well, and we enjoyed the fiod in their personal restaurant. Indian food in Amsterdam? Go here!!!! You will not regret :-)

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I recently visited Amsterdam with my wife and we were looking for a warm filling meal somewhere close to where we were staying. We arrived on a Sunday and were drawn to the small intimate crowd dining at this establishment. We walked in out of the summer evening and were graciously greeted and seated. The meal we ordered was enough for two so we indulged on delicious appetizers. I also had a Cobra beer. Delicious! The service was top notch as we were treated to a 3 course meal for under 30 euros. I kid you not we tried a nice diverse array of foods in Amsterdam but this restaurant spoke to us. WE WENT Back 3 times that week!!!!!!!!! Just because I had to try different dishes. Amsterdam had some great restaurants but this is easily one of the best. Feels like a home cooked meal. We were lucky enough to enjoy the World Cup with them one evening as well. Everyone else in the country was at a bar. We were here enjoying a wonderful meal and watching the game with them. Very warm people and great cooks. I can't recommend enough. Thanks for taking care of us and We Will Be back!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A very nice experience with Indian cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The ambience was taking me back home! Food was very good. A friendly service makes you very welcome!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great authentic Nepalese food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had a lovely dinner here yesterday. The food was just like it would taste in Nepal and also the prices aren't high at all. The staff was superfriendly. I would definately recommend this place!

• Visited May 2014