The Lobby is part of a hotel (Hotel V). In Amsterdam, locals don't normally go to hotel bars/restaurants for dinner or drinks but the place already caught my eye a couple of months ago and after a couple of nice evenings at the bar, I decided to host a little suprise dinner for my partner there. It was a great success..
What I liked:
- Staff, Staff, Staff: These guys show passion for their work: friendly, have knowledge about their food & wines, paid good attention to what was going on at our table without being intrusive
- Menu & Quality of the food: They have a very nice menu (don't remember exactly but 8 starters, mains and 6 dessers) and 3 course meal for 33 Eur (and you choose from all starters, mains and dessters) and the quality of the products they use is very good
- Interior & Location: the place is located on a small street and has a nice big terrace on the adjecent square: when the weathers good ourside you can have dinner there and when it got too cold, they had a table for us ready inside. The look of the place is very warm, fireplace, wood, cool bar..
- you get water without having to beg for it. Unlike a lot of other places in town where they "don't have tap water", here you get it without having to ask for it.
What I don't like:
- reservation process online was a bit vague..
- that it's probably going to be very busy soon...
Summarized: this is an excellent casual restaurant in the center of Amsterdam that offers great value for money
If you own or manage The Lobby Restaurant and Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.