“Great tapas!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
London, United Kingdom
“Great tapas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I recently discovered this tapas place in our neighborhood, Amsterdam Oost, which is undergoing lots of renewal projects, and where new places open every month, good or bad. Well, this is definitely one of the very good surprise of the lot.

First, it was a Wednesday night, so not too busy but still, the service was exceptionally friendly. The lady owner is dutch, she speaks fluent spanish but also tried a bit of French :)

It was our first time there, so we asked her and the chef Georg to 'surprise' me and my japanese colleague with 4 tapas of their own choice.
I must say, we were amazed by the quality and finesse of all the tapas, even for some usually rather simple tapas like the tortilla con coulis de tomate. They also brought some inkfish delicately presented and gambas al ajillo, extremely tender. We also had on top some 'Croquetas de bacalao' and one dish I never experienced before, which is a mix of mushrooms in a jus, with some sort of very soft bread that I couldn't recognize (maybe catalan specialty)
The owner was amazed when we order a last dish to finish as we had a lot to eat already. And so we shared a big piece of Wagyu steak, which was nicely cooked, however it's not the usual piece of Waguy me and my japanese friend are used to, that was the only slightly disappointing comment to otherwise a superb assortiment.
Of course we couldn't leave without having crema catalana for dessert, accompanied by a shot of spanish liqueur on the house :)
we'll be definitely be back regularly, I hope the quality stays as it is, this is definitely the best spanish/catalan food I had in Amsterdam by far.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Maryland
“Excellent Spanish cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had cocktails/tapas followed by dinner with a large party. The food and service were outstanding. We will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013