“YES! YES! THRICE YES!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #629 of 2,435 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Sushi, Tibetan, Grill
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“YES! YES! THRICE YES!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have been to Japan, and I have eaten gosh knows how many types of sushi and I must say that Asian King is very much so on par with the Japanese Sushi bars I have visited; in Kyoto and Tokyo.

I had been told Amsterdam held great Sushi bars and I admit I was skeptical. How wrong was I when I found such fresh produce, a humble atmosphere, friendly, happy staff, tucked away in a little corner with exceptional tasty food. The Miso soup is by far one of the best I have had. Beautifully balanced, light and refreshing flavour of miso, tofu, spring onion and seaweed. A great starter or complimentary dish for anyone! The Ebi Californian Roll is...insane! I now wish I had ordered more! It came alongside other sushi delights on the Maki 2 set on the deal side of the menu. Crunch nibbles of tempura king prawn, wrapped in japanese mayo, sushi rice and seaweed. Too tasty for words. Way too tasty!

Not only all of the that, but the value is surprisingly good! We had a Maki 2 set, x 2 sashimi dishes, x 2 miso soup, a large beer and green tea and paid 20 euros each! We were full (minus the craving of more Ebi rolls!)

The menu is easy to scan through with great deals, especially for couples and groups of friends. The mixture of sushi within the deals on the set menu also encourages people to share as well as try new sushi they may not have, which I think is a great idea!

Admittedly the decor doesn't resemble that of Nobu, but still holds a comfortable cuteness to ones maybe romantic evening on offer as well as a brightly lit, warm lunch held during the day.

I would recommend all fish, sushi and oriental food lovers to visit this place whilst in Amsterdam and craving this particular cuisine. You will not regret it!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Fresh sushi hand made , The Best menu : Super Deal sushi menu (2person) € 25.50 .The best night ever i had in Amsterdam! Food is wonderful , Staff is great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“wow amazing ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

what a great night again had the best sushi. it was my second time and i had the best sushi ever so fresh they also deliver all over in amsterdam and while i was in the restaurant it was so busy with delivery do i was so happy seeing that fish were so fresh .

Paris, France
“Super Lekker..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have tried many sushi toll date but find this One Very speacial...the Menü are combine....it make me more easy to order with Very reasonable price...i like Very much recommend to try atleast once here.....

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing fresh sushi that I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had visited the Asianking sushi restaurant and I had amazing fresh sushi that i ever had.they make everything infront of you after you ordered. Nice atmosphere with Christmas tree and feeling like oh the 2013 is almost finish. Nice sushi chef,speaking good English although he is from Japan. I had nice evening in Asianking*****