“Great hotel, lovely staff, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #18 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, lovely staff, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Absolutely brilliant hotel, very hard to find any faults at all! All the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly and made us feel welcome. The room we stayed in was beautiful; decorated well with a nice clean bathroom and large comfortable bed. Brilliant to have a coffee machine in the room too!
We stayed for breakfast on our last morning, the restaurant is very relaxed and the food was tasty.
The hotel is central to most attractions but the street itself is very quiet, we heard no outside noise at all.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We're really happy we found this hotel on TA. The staff were all very welcoming, location very central, the downstairs bar/ restaurant has a great vibe, our room met all expectations and good wifi connection.

Being our first time in Amsterdam we weren't aware ( but it didn't take long to realise) that not much opens early. This posed us with a breakfast challenge particularly when we were waking ridiculously early while adjusting our body clocks from Australia. We tend to try different locations for meals in whatever city we stay but given the above chose to eat breakfast in the hotel...the breakfast and particularly the coffee was really good.
The only downside to our stay was that our room was on the front lane way. Whilst there was minimal traffic to speak of the people noise on the Saturday night woke us up many times early into the morning. Whilst this was less of an issue over the following nights I'd definitely suggest to request a room away from the lane if possible.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is an amazing hotel located centrally very close to all attractions. We walked to most places and also public transport is located really close. An amazing modern/alternative boutique hotel with excellent and very friendly staff. Don't miss the restaurant which is very popular among the locals and the tourists alike. No problems with size of room, shower, lighting etc etc....

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Baden, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband I just spent the weekend in Amsterdam at the V Nesplein and I was very impressed with the service and our comfortable and spacious room. The hotel has style and flare while being relaxed and comfortable. We enjoyed a nightcap at the hotel's restaurant both nights and the staff was very friendly and accommodating as we arrived the first night as they were closing but thy welcomed us anyhow. We had dinner there the 2nd night and the food was very good. Definitely a trendy restaurant that is frequented by those who live in Amsterdam which is a nice change from all the touristy spots. The breakfast was also quite good. Had the Eggs Benedict both mornings. I really liked the tea light candle holders with the Amsterdam canal houses motif and was so happy to find out that they sell them at the hotel reception. Would definitely stay again. Great new hotel and for those who like Restoration Hardware, you'll love it!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Everything was very good:
* fast stable wi-fi (it was very important to me as I had to connect to my office network)
* location - quiet street but 50 meters left or right and busy streets and canals
* the room was very clean, quite big and stylishly furnished
* special thanks for coffee machine in the room!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were in Amsterdam July 2014 and had a great stay at the Hotel V Nesplain. The hotel has a hipster-chic design with a fantastic restaurant on in the lobby.

Upon arrival I was initially concerned that the restaurant/bar would make the hotel a loud and busy place at night - but that was not our experience at all and I didn't hear any guests complaining. We were on the top floor in the back and everything was peaceful and quiet.

The hotel appears to be in a somewhat strange location, down a small narrow street away from from the main square, but the street suddenly opens up into a nice courtyard area as you approach the property. If you are interested in staying in the old part of Amsterdam, then this location is excellent. It is a short, easy 5-10min walk from the main train station where most tourists will be entering the city.

Our room was very large and well equipped for the most part. My wife enjoyed the giant double shower. My only complaint would be the lack of a small fridge which would have been useful.

Free in-room WIFI was provided which I am always happy to see. For the most part it worked fine, there were a few dead spots in our room where a connection was hard to make but certainly not a big problem.

Our room lacked a bathtub, which after the long walks through the city would have been a welcome relief, I believe other rooms had tubs though so if this is a deal breaker, just ask.

I also noticed that there is no AC unit in the room. The temperature while we were in Amsterdam was very comfortable and cool at night so this wasn't an issue at all. I don't know if it ever gets hot and humid enough to be a problem, but I did ask for a fan and one was promptly sourced for me.

The staff at the hotel were all exceptionally pleasant and helpful and quick to lend a hand when needed.

If I ever find myself back in Amsterdam, I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, the higher you go and away from the street, the better chances you will have for...