“Very nice hotel in an even nicer location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel V Nesplein

You added Hotel V Nesplein to your Saves list
Hotel V Nesplein
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nes 49, 1012 KD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District (De Wallen))   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #16 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
India
“Very nice hotel in an even nicer location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel located centrally very close to all attractions. We walked to most places and also public transport is located really close. An amazing modern/alternative boutique hotel with excellent and very friendly staff. Don't miss the restaurant which is very popular among the locals and the tourists alike. No problems with size of room, shower, lighting etc etc....

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank vishalindore

Baden, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband I just spent the weekend in Amsterdam at the V Nesplein and I was very impressed with the service and our comfortable and spacious room. The hotel has style and flare while being relaxed and comfortable. We enjoyed a nightcap at the hotel's restaurant both nights and the staff was very friendly and accommodating as we arrived the first night as they were closing but thy welcomed us anyhow. We had dinner there the 2nd night and the food was very good. Definitely a trendy restaurant that is frequented by those who live in Amsterdam which is a nice change from all the touristy spots. The breakfast was also quite good. Had the Eggs Benedict both mornings. I really liked the tea light candle holders with the Amsterdam canal houses motif and was so happy to find out that they sell them at the hotel reception. Would definitely stay again. Great new hotel and for those who like Restoration Hardware, you'll love it!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Everything was very good:
* fast stable wi-fi (it was very important to me as I had to connect to my office network)
* location - quiet street but 50 meters left or right and busy streets and canals
* the room was very clean, quite big and stylishly furnished
* special thanks for coffee machine in the room!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Kelaris
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were in Amsterdam July 2014 and had a great stay at the Hotel V Nesplain. The hotel has a hipster-chic design with a fantastic restaurant on in the lobby.

Upon arrival I was initially concerned that the restaurant/bar would make the hotel a loud and busy place at night - but that was not our experience at all and I didn't hear any guests complaining. We were on the top floor in the back and everything was peaceful and quiet.

The hotel appears to be in a somewhat strange location, down a small narrow street away from from the main square, but the street suddenly opens up into a nice courtyard area as you approach the property. If you are interested in staying in the old part of Amsterdam, then this location is excellent. It is a short, easy 5-10min walk from the main train station where most tourists will be entering the city.

Our room was very large and well equipped for the most part. My wife enjoyed the giant double shower. My only complaint would be the lack of a small fridge which would have been useful.

Free in-room WIFI was provided which I am always happy to see. For the most part it worked fine, there were a few dead spots in our room where a connection was hard to make but certainly not a big problem.

Our room lacked a bathtub, which after the long walks through the city would have been a welcome relief, I believe other rooms had tubs though so if this is a deal breaker, just ask.

I also noticed that there is no AC unit in the room. The temperature while we were in Amsterdam was very comfortable and cool at night so this wasn't an issue at all. I don't know if it ever gets hot and humid enough to be a problem, but I did ask for a fan and one was promptly sourced for me.

The staff at the hotel were all exceptionally pleasant and helpful and quick to lend a hand when needed.

If I ever find myself back in Amsterdam, I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, the higher you go and away from the street, the better chances you will have for...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have to say that I love the hotel, but even after asking for a quiet room, they gave us the most noisy room in the property. First floor on the corner right over the bar/restaurant. I was traveling with a 3 month baby, and when he sleeps… we need to do the same. Well, this was not possible until 5 am in the morning during weekends. A pity… because all the rest was just superb.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

During our family vacation we were at the V Nesplein. It's just the perfect Hotel for AMS! In the middle of everything but still calm. Design, but combined with confortable furniture, great beads, wonderful chairs. Staff is not only very friendly but knows a lot about their city - a plus we appreciate a lot! Our Junior Suite on the 3rd floor was big enough for us and our 2 teen daughters. A huge bathroom - aswell as that great room size are unusual for Amsterdam. A Nespresso Machine and complimentary water was great for the warm days we spent there.
Situated in the heart of Amsterdam, a minute walk to Madame Tussauds and Kalverstraat - the shopping paradise, Damrak (with Grachtenboats) and Tram. 10 minutes to Anne Frank house, aswell as the flower market. Couldn't be better, really!
Dinner at the Hotel was delicious - service top. There must be a great Manager, that they have so many good employees!
If you make your booking, take the rate with breakfast. Wit home made bread and delicious croissants you can choose a selection of home and freshly (!!!) made french Toast or Pancakes or Egg Benedict: Best Egg Benedict ever - These Dutch know how to make a Sauce Hollandaise - and... best Cappuchino ever - They know how to serve a great coffee... With the wonderful latte art drawings they did our daughters also wanted a Cappuchino instead of freshly squeezed Orange Juice.... That Breakfast you get for a very reasonable price - we even had a lower rate 'cause we made a reservation with the booking.
The wonderful candles on the table can be baught at the front desk, aswell as the bathrobe "with LoVe from Amsterdam" which we had to have...;-)
Sad, that we had to leave after two nights. And: Off course, we will be back! Very soon.
WLAN free of charge and very fast. Wonderful!

Room Tip: Our junior suite was on the third floor, Number 303. Windows on two sides. Very nice. I think it was...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Richfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We are here to meet friends and in addition to it's great location, the decor and space is fantastic. Ask for room 306. Very cool hotel right out of a Hitchcock movie! Dark corners and a huge chandelier! Great people who also work here too!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple