“Different” 4 of 5 stars

Nes 49, 1012 KD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #16 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed with my family at V nesplein for 5 days in June. location is very good, in a quiet small street very close to Dam Square, Lobby is very small , check- in was delayed a little bit, staff at the reception were nice and helpful. Decor is dark and different of most hotels I have seen. Would prefer more light. Room V superior is spacious and good if you are traveling with family. It can easily fit an extra bed and a baby cot. We booked breakfast in advance for 10 euros pp. breakfast is a la carte. You choose one of four plates, In addition to bread,coffee and croissants. Good quality food and just enough to start your tourism in Amsterdam.
Hotel is a bit expensive like every thing else in Amsterdam.

Stayed June 2014
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
"And to be different is great. You don't want to be the same."
- Kristen Johnston, actress.

We couldn't have said it better ourselves!
Thank you for the review!

Amanda
Guest Relations
Hotel V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I came looking for something to eat late when most restaurants had closed their kitchens. The place was fun, with some elegance too.
I sat at the bar and while they said that the kitchen was closed, they could still make me some 'flammkuchen'.
Basically it was a thin crust pizza, the crust being crackly and tasty. I chose a topping of spicy pork. It had some other things on it which I do not remember but it was excellent! The servers were very friendly, and chatty. Even though they were cleaning up to go home and moving very quickly they never made me feel that I should eat up and get out. If I come back to Amsterdam I will look into staying at the hotel and hope it too is as good as the restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: I did not stay, only ate in the restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed with my wife for a conferece for 3 nights at the end of June. Amsterdam is super busy at this time, but we found a very good spot with the V Nesplein! The pricing is reasonable for the level of service and room sizes you get.

With this hotel it is mainly "location, location, location" and you are in walking distance of all great sights in the city. The square next to the hotel with 2 restaurants and a cafe will give you the diversity for food and drinks, if you desire.

The hotel itself is a good 4* hotel. The rooms are big (which is unusual in Amsterdam) and have fast WiFi, desk, etc. to get some work done.

We had 2 different rooms, both very big and clean. No carpets, which is a big plus for my dust allergies! There is no minibar, which I did not miss. You can order drinks from the bar up to your room or just take them yourself.

Style, impression and "vibrations" are right. The staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms quiet and right. So "nothing to complain about" is a 5 star rating here!

Room Tip: Upper is better here, Amsterdam is just busy and noisy if you like to sleep with open windows (but t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel v Nesplein! Lovely to hear that you and your wife had a good time, and thank you for the five star rating! : )
Hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Kind Regards,
Amanda
Guest Relations
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My friends and I stayed in the superior room for two nights last month as a relaxed ending to an Interrail trip.

First off, the design scheme was really cool and harmonious but I can definitely see why "too dark" would be a problem. If I remember correctly, the corridors had dim lighting and navy blue velvet walls with matching carpet which made running into a wall totally possible. The Victorian wallpaper was a bit creepy for my taste but it works well with all the dark wood and the vintage, industrial interior design. Hotel V Nesplein is basically that unapproachable and offensively cool but not cheerleader-cool girl from high school.

The rooms were exactly how it looked on the website; stylish and spacious. If anything, our room was actually a lot bigger than expected. Adorable packs of gum were left on our pillows on arrival, along with bathrobes and complimentary boxed (!!!) water. The bed was large and comfortable, with fluffy white duvets and two fat pillows for each person. The TV had internet and YouTube access so you can end your day by dimming the lights and watching a nice movie.

The bathroom was also generously large, with a massive bathtub that was perfect to relax in at the end of a long day and a rainfall shower. The type of surface they have in the bathroom made it a lot easier for water to dry...spotlessly? I can't quite describe it, but basically if you drenched the whole floor with water and left it, it would be impeccable within 2-3 hours. This was perfect for my fixation with bathrooms, which is normally a huge deciding factor when it comes to hotels.

Aside from the design, security and customer service were also on top. The key cards were scanned rather than swiped, and you needed to get past a locked door to enter the corridors on each floor. We actually misplaced two keys and when we finally plucked up the courage to call the front-desk, the loveliest receptionist called us down to get them replaced for no charge.

My only complaints (if you can even call them that):

1. The first receptionist we spoke to came off a bit condescending. We were a group of three teenage girls who needed to pay in cash and we had issues with the credit card used to book the room. He was still very kind and laid back, he just looked like he pitied us!

2. The bathroom lock didn't work. Again, really not a problem in a room for 2-3 people.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sunrise Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We spent two nights at this funky hotel in central Amsterdam. The room was huge with a big comfortable bed, bathrobes, tea and coffee making facilities (upmarket teas and a Nespresso machine), huge bathroom with a double shower.

The reception and restaurant staff were excellent - welcoming and helpful and always smiling.

They send laundry out and offer a next day service for this. A huge bagful cost us 15 euros. They also offer a flat rate taxi drop off to the airport for 45 euros (many taxis will charge up to 60 euros for this).

V is very central (just around the corner from Dam Square) and easy walking distance to many attractions, beautiful shopping (such as the Magna Plaza) and restaurants.

We loved our stay here despite our time in Amsterdam being marred by the MH17 disaster

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two great nights at this hotel and will be back one day!

From the minute we were greeted by the humble, friendly and hipster dude at the front desk we were happy.

Clean, smartly designed rooms with more space than expected. Air con perfect. Beds and pillows super comfortable. Great toiletries, water pressure and water temperature in a luxurious rain shower x 2!

Breakfast we thought was good value for the quality - eggs Benedict, lovely juice and coffee. Gluten free bread too! Yay.

We had lunch there two before leaving, which proved unforgettable - best burger and handcut fries we have had in Europe...

Thanks to the great team at Hotel V for making us feel at home and for leaving nothing to chance.

• Stayed June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A great welcome from reception started our stay. Wonderful lobby and bar area which looks timeless and sophisticated and emaculately clean. Our room was well maintained and clean and the walk in shower was incredibly welcome as we visited on the hottest days of the year.

Would strongly recommend the hotel and would always find it onn my shortlist if I was visiting Amsterdam agaIn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel V Nesplein? Share your experiences!