“Stylish, friendly and wonderful hotel right in the heart of Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel V Nesplein

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Stylish, friendly and wonderful hotel right in the heart of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was lucky enough to stay here during a recent business trip to Amsterdam. I was pleased when I discovered that the hotel was both central and near to the office that I was visiting but that was just the start! I soon discovered what an individual and stylish place this is and a fantastic place to stay.
After a friendly welcome and a very efficient check-in process (the room had already been paid for so I just had to provide ID) I took the lift to my room and my jaw dropped! I stay in a lot of hotels and this is only the second time I've bothered to write a review. I had a very large room and a large, comfortable bed and a very large TV. The style of the decor is modern and individual - something quite different from the standard hotels and gives the hotel a very distinctive personality.
The location of the hotel is a perfect base for exploring central Amsterdam and it is open 24 hours so you can be out as late as you like. Don't be fooled into thinking you won't sleep, though! I've stayed in several hotels in Amsterdam where noise can be a big problem but not here. Located in a side street you have the best of both worlds of location and peace.
Breakfast the next day was in the Lobby restaurant, a large modern place sharing its sense of style with the hotel. Staff were very friendly and the food was great. I had ignored advice to eat there the evening before, which I thoroughly regretted.
All in all a wonderful, stylish and friendly hotel and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: From what I have seen all the rooms are great, just different sizes, but even the smallest are far f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights on our first visit to Amsterdam, and I loved it from the minute I walked in. The staff are very welcoming & friendly and will assist you however they can.
The room was the perfect size for us, with gorgeous industrial decor, super comfy beds and a huge shower head which I loved. This hotel is walking distance to the canals with cute shops & cafes and everything you need.
We had a delicious breakfast every day, and I honestly had one of the best meals EVER for dinner - the farm fowl with chimmichurri. YUM. It was amazing.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this beautiful city.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Good clean place with very helpful staff. Comfortable beds. Good bathrooms. Nothing to complain about. Well located. The staff have a wealth of information on things to see and do in Amsterdam away from the usual tourist traps.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

A wonderful gem of a hotel tucked away near Dam Square. Wonderful staff, very comfortable beds and a restaurant that was a great destination in itself. I would thoroughly recommend this and would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Nice, clean, friendly staff, and excellent location!

Could walk to all main sites from this hotel, very quiet during night so no issues when sleeping.

The restaurant looked wonderful, did not have a chance to eat there buy the reviews are excellent. Will recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I agree with all the good things said in the ratings. Great location, comfortable beds, very nice restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. To me the rooms are a tad quirky, no rugs, no cabinet though ample storage space. A very comfortable hotel nonetheless.
The service however is some of the best I have encountered anywhere. I have never seen anyone as helpful, friendly and dedicated as Wendy at the front desk. We arrived at the airport at 09:30 on King's Day. The center of Amsterdam was closed to all traffic and Wendy moved heaven and earth to get us to the second V hotel and have our luggage transferred to the Nesplein for free as soon as the traffic allowed. She personally helped make our trip a smashing success.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Great place - central, reasonable and cool. The Superior rooms at the rear (eg 108) are incredibly quiet. The €10 breakfast add on to online bookings is worth every cent. Croissants are warm and buttery, the scrambled eggs are perfect and the juice is freshly squeezed. The bar and restaurant are good in the evening too. Service - especially the front desk - is excellent. Recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel V Nesplein? Share your experiences!