“We go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Heusden-Zolder, Belgium
“We go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Modern and nice hotel in the center of Amsterdam. Quiet neighbourhood with a lot of theaters. Not far from all interesting places (musea, shops, canals, ...).
The staff is very friendly and always ready to help and to answer all your questions. Good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your review! See you again soon one day at Hotel V Nesplein!

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Location!!!! excellent restaurant Excellent value The team was really helpful and really nice We highly recommend this place Walking distance to the museums and attraction Rail way station 10 mn.and very helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in a superior room, the room was trendy and very clean with a spacious bathroom - just couple of little details though which didn't in any way spoil our stay but are the reason I can't give five stars - the tv bracket was a bit dodgy and hanging lopsided and the lead for the kettle was so short we had take it off the table and out it on the floor to reach the socket. We didn't have breakfast included but we ate in the hotels lobby restaurant each morning and the food was delicious, however have to say the waiters were all very friendly but very forgetful - every morning we had re-ask for something they had forgot to bring!
But we did enjoy our stay overall and would recommend the hotel for a stay in Amsterdam - location is perfect, especially for Dam square which is a few seconds walk down the street!

• Stayed February 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel V Nesplein. We appreciate the feedback about the TV bracket and the service at The Lobby restaurant, and I have passed that through to the management team. We hope next time you come to Amsterdam you will stay at Nesplein and give us the opportunity to make it a 5-star stay! :)

Until then,
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Hotel V is a wonder in the middle of bustling Amsterdam. It is located on the Nes, just a short walk from Dam square but on a very quiet street. There are many small theaters nearby and very good restaurants. The interiors are amazingly decorated and makes you feel warm and cozy during your stay. I stayed in the Superior room which had a large King bed, a small breakfast nook with Espresso and Tea supplies, a fabulous bathroom with a walk in Rain Head shower and Deep Soaker tub. Absolutely peaceful! I would highly recommend staying here anytime.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Lovely place, very conveniently located for Dam Square. Clean, quirky, exceptional service and very comfortable. Couldn't have asked for more. My first encounter with this hotel was not so good but they really made up for it. I complained about a reception member who kept talking to someone else whilst I was on the phone - calling from England. Within minutes I had an email asking if they could call me. Apologising profusely, they made sure our booking went through smoothly from that point. They promised us a lovely room and did not disappoint. Anyone can make a mistake and get it wrong it's how they respond when you complain that shows they mean what they say; that their guests are very important to them. I think this shows the measure of this hotel. They made a mistake, apologised and made up for it. That is the kind of service that deserves recognition. The room we had was spacious and pristinely clean. The reception staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Our room wasn't ready at 11 am when we arrived - check in is at 2pm. However, we went to the restaurant to get a drink and they came to find us when it was ready. The restaurant attached to the hotel, The Lobby, is also excellent and I would recommend you visit and eat. Again friendly and helpful staff and the food is lovely. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Go and stay if you visit Amsterdam

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is certainly now one of my favorite hotels anywhere. Only a year old, Hotel V seems like an Amsterdam institution already. Repeat hotel guests are sure to rub up against locals in the fantastic three-meal restaurant which turns into a busy yet very comfortable bar/lounge after dinner winds down. On a cold night, grab a seat in the back on the cozy sofa or big chairs which surround a real wood-burning fireplace. The guest rooms are large, well-appointed and somewhat minimalist; despite not being my favorite style I was immediately comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms, also quite large, feature a huge soaking tub and a glorious rain shower. The owner and/or general manager are to be congratulated on hiring a top-notch staff. Every single hotel employee I met during my stay was nothing short of pleasant, professional and helpful. The front desk and bar/restaurant teams deserve a special call-out for their service. All this in a perfect location for exploring Amsterdam by foot, tram or boat. I can'[t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms ion the front (x03, x04) have huge floor-to-ceiling windows which let in a lot of natural ligh...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was a cool and convenient location for me. Maybe a little too cool, might have liked a rug or something a bit less utilitarian. My only criticism was that when I arrived after a long day at work and just off my flight, it was 10pm and both the bar and restaurant were closed. I had not eaten, it would have been nice to have had people be able to prepare me something. When I did get to eat there, it was delicious. The street outside was a little noisy although my room was lovely.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel V Nesplein. I am not sure why it seemed that the bar was closed, as we stay open to the public (not just the hotel guests) until much later. But you are right, the kitchen closes at 10 pm, and perhaps we could have made a little exception for you that time! I will pass your feedback on to the staff of The Lobby Restaurant.

Until the next time,
Guest Relations

Been to Hotel V Nesplein? Share your experiences!