“A stylish 'bolt hole' in the city!” 4 of 5 stars

Nes 49, Amsterdam 1012 KD, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Special Offer
Up to -12% on our site!
Ranked #13 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
“A stylish 'bolt hole' in the city!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A perfect location for our three night city break. This new boutique hotel is situated on a small back street, a short walk away from Dam Square. It is an excellent base for exploring all corners of the city without being on top of the hustle and bustle of more commercial areas.
It boasts a cosy bar and restaurant where you can eat or simply relax by the log burner with a drink. We ate on the first night and were not disappointed at all. We had a fantastic meal and enjoyed the impressive interior design of the building. It definitely suits night time! We had not paid for breakfast in our room rate and although we had breakfast there on the first morning we did tend to find other places on subsequent mornings. (There is a fantastic bakery nearby - follow your nose!)
The staff at the hotel were all extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. They looked after our luggage both on our arrival day and after we checked out which allowed us to make the most of our time in the city.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a wetroom/bathroom. We had a rain shower. My only disappointment was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I would have enjoyed an early morning 'cuppa' and perhaps one in the afternoon without having to call room service.
Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised upon entering the beautiful Hotel V on an early cool morning in April 2013. Being pregnant and knowing our flight was arriving in Amsterdam at 7 am, I had called the hotel few days in advance and requested an early check in, but didn’t expect to receive the room as the hotel was completely booked. However, as soon as we entered the lovely hotel the kindest, most professional staff greeted us. The young gentleman, Jochem at the desk kindly informed us that the room was being prepared and would be ready in 20 minutes. We took advantage of the time and entered the amazing hotel restaurant called the LOBBY Restaurant and had the most delicious warm breakfast ever. From that very second that we entered the hotel to the moment we departed, we loved everything about it. The warm atmosphere, the tasteful décor, the professional, efficient and kind staff both at the hotel and the restaurant (wish I knew your names so I could thank you here), and the incredible chef who wowed us 4 nights in row with their talents. Our room was so lovely, room 210…we already miss you. I can go on and on about this hotel, but I will let you be surprised yourself. My husband and I are frequent travelers and have stayed at all types of hotels but have rarely come across a hotel with the overall charm, elegance and the great service of Hotel V.

We are back home now and truly enjoyed Amsterdam, but what made our 5 day trip even more amazing was the exceptional hospitality and service we received at this hotel Here are some points to help you decide if this hotel is for you.

1) Location is amazing, don’t bother getting a tram pass as it will go to waste, you can walk everywhere from this hotel.
2) Rooms are lovely, the bed and the pillows are so comfortable.
3) Staff are so professional and kind, and very knowledgeable.
4) Restaurant is Amazing. We were there 5 nights and had 4 dinners and 5 breakfasts, plus many mini breaks for a glass of wine or a delicious hot chocolate after a long walk.

Our only recommendation for the management is to please ask the housekeeping to pay a little more attention to details while cleaning the room (for example room was not vacuumed on a daily basis, trash bin was not emptied). Other than that, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK HOTEL V, we can’t wait to see you at the top 10 hotels in Amsterdam, we are sure you will make it to the list very soon!!! Thanks for a memorable 5 days; we can’t wait to be back!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the lovely review! As for all of the good points- we are so glad you had a good time, and will pass your comments on to Jochem, the rest of the front desk staff, and the chefs in the kitchen!
And as for the feedback- noted and passed on! ;)
Best of luck with the wee one, and hope to welcome you back as a larger family next time!
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel two days after the opening so everything was new , which was great .
The hotel staff are really helpful and friendly, check in and out was a quick process..
The lobby is very nicely designed, the rooms are big and clean although there was something a bit weird with the furniture oriantation.and there was no mini bar or coffee in the room but the lobby cafe had really good coffee

The overall experience was great location is great not on the street but a 2 minute walk from the busy area

I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: The rooms are fairly big so any room is a good choice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello!
Thank you for your feedback. Since opening we have actually put tea and coffee facilities in the rooms! A few more people said the same thing, so we listened!
So when you stay here next time- tea in your room!

Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Frequent guest of Hotel V Fredericksplein for Business (which by the way is a great place, close to museums), I could not miss the opening of the new V Neisplein. I went there with my wife. First, the hotel itself. It is located in a very quiet street but only 200m from Dam square. So very central. As usual, in V places, there is a unique touch. Hard to explain but decoration is very trendy but in the same time, very cosy, warm. Directly when entering on your left you can have a look at the LOBBY, the V restaurant (open not only for hotel guest). Amazing! Try the food. We did and we where not dissapointed! Regarding the room, there are very bright and big. Bathroom is great, larger than most of the hotel I've been. Same unique V touch in the room, just look at the picture gallery to understand. And last but not least, the V crew which is unique, so helpful, so nice. You really feel you are... special. The hardest thing now for me when coming to Amsterdam is choosing between one V... and another V

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
"The hardest thing now for me when coming to Amsterdam is choosing between one V... and another V"

Oh no! It's like having a wife and a mistress! You need to make BOTH hotels happy now.

;)

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this beautiful boutique hotel for only 2 nights (I wish we had stayed longer) It was my first visit to Amsterdam and the quality of the hotel and staff made my stay a brilliant experience. I arrived around 10am and knew I was too early to check in but wasn't sure if this was the hotel I had booked so I popped into reception just to double check straight away the gentleman behind the desk was happy to help assuring me this was the hotel I had booked and made some calls to see if my room was ready early and it was, nothing seemed a problem to the staff at this hotel and if they could help they would I ordered room service during my stay even the staff I spoke to on the phone to order it were lovely and the gentleman who brought up the food was polite and professional. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean spacious with free wifi and a very beautiful bathroom. The themed hotel has a lovely feel to it and it is situated a 1 minute walk away from Dam square. It is suitable for all weather your a family, a group of friends, a couple, on a business trip or alone you have to visit this hotel. Right in the centre off everything, with lovely staff, great rooms and great prices what more could you ask for. I am planning another couple of trips to Amsterdam and there isn't any other hotel I would stay in after my amazing experience at this one and I will be recommending it to all friends. I cant wait to go again.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel are fabulous the building is on a quiet street so you will get a good night...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
What a lovely review! Thank you so much! The staff will be so pleased when they read it!
If you are planning to return, please let us know and we will always continue to live up to your first visit.

All the best, and don't stay away too long!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We just came back from a great stay at Hotel V Nesplein, and it was definitely a very pleasant experience. The location could not be better, the hotel is really elegant, the rooms are extremely comfortable, and the staff is simply exceptional. This place undoubtedly exceeded all our expectations. We highly recommend it, and hope to be back very soon. Our most sincere compliments to this professional team of people!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the lovely review!

Three descriptions every hotel strives for: the hotel =elegant, the rooms =comfortable, and the staff =exceptional. The staff will be so pleased when they read it!

We hope to welcome you back to Hotel V Nesplein soon!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had the pleasure of dining at Hotel V Nesplein. Next to a great ambience and atmosphere the kitchen is both tremendously simple as refined. No more nouvelle this and that on your plate but great exciting taste served with Amsterdam-kindness!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the lovely review!
Real food for real people with real tastebuds and a real appetite. That's what we were aiming for!
Glad your belly liked it!
We hope to welcome you back to Hotel V Nesplein soon!
Guest Relations

Been to Hotel V Nesplein? Share your experiences!