“Groupon Ripoff” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: African
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Groupon Ripoff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Groupon is great way to try out new restaurants and to be exposed to places you wouldn't normally go to. Having said that, I purchased a groupon and tried to book a table only to be told they were fully booked until after the expiration date of the groupon. How convenient. I asked him what I could do and then all of a sudden he extended the date by 8 days but...was still fully booked. I asked him to please check if there was an opening in the 11 day window before the coupon expired and he miraculously had a spot on Sunday at 6pm. Really? I told him that wasn't acceptable and guy told me to take it up with Groupon and that it was their problem. When I went to their website to check availability there were plenty of open slots. When I pointed this out to him, he acknowledged that they had space but jsut not enough space to cover groupon redeemers and that he couldn't have a restaurant full of groupon users. Obviously they don't really care about honoring their commitment to the people who purchased the groupon and to top it off he was a complete jerk, not helpful or apologetic, and after this conversation would never consider going to this establishment.

• Visited April 2013