“Good restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Toronto, Canada
“Good restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

At a recent visit to Amsterdam, we stopped in at San Tomasso restaurant. Food was good, value was also good for the money. We had the ribs! Very good. We also had their garlic bread, very tasty!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“No worth the money. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The price on the menu may be deceiving. The potato fries and the source coming with the steak incur extra charges. Felt cheated.

AshAyad, Manager at San Tommaso - MG, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Ms/Mr, Thank you for taking time to write your review about our restaurant.
I'm not sure where did you eat before? did you eat at Argentinian Restaurant?
if yes, I think you didn't understand our menu. if you order your size steak its clear on the menu (Choice from the best Argentinos meat, our steaks are served natural:(you can have your own choice of side dishes, sauces and salads).). On the menu we have also From the grill (Served with salad and your choice of steak fries, baked potato with (sour cream – butter) or rice.). so you have choise to order including side dish end sald or with out.
unfortunately, we didn't read in your review about our food quality and service !
Thank you again !
Holte, Denmark
“Will not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went there for pizza as we found it recommended here, but what a disapointed visit, the pizza is below standard, but you pay 11-15 euro, I am sure you will find better ones elswhere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear, Thank you for taking time to write your review about our restaurant.
can you please let us know, what's wrong with your pizza at our restaurant? did you till any waiter / waitress how you find the pizza? if you don't agree about the quality after you taste it, you can leave it and you don't have to pay it ! that's our strategy....
Thank you again !
Toronto, Canada
“The best Italian Food I've EVER had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My favorite cuisine is Italian and on a recent trip touring Europe this place is the gem that I found. I traveled around Italy as well including Rome and Florence, but I would have to say that the best Italian food that I have ever tried is this small restaurant in Amsterdam. The food is extremely tasty and fresh, i would recommend the spinach canneloni and the escargot. The service is great, friendly, and quick. It is the same average price of all the restaurants in the area, but definitely NOT the same average food. San Tomasso's is definitely the best Italian food that I have had ever. The atmosphere is also excellent as the ambiance inside is such of a restaurant set in an Italian paradise with gorgeous mural paintings and Italian architecture.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone that has even a few hours in Amsterdam as it is directly across from Centraal Station. The food was so good, that I had to go back there for a second meal during my trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Come after read here the reviews
Was Looking for nice italian food
We order two pizzas and garlic pan

Was really good!!!