“Great choice for Amsterdam stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sjudoransj

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sjudoransj
Goudsbloemstraat 91 - 1, 1015 JK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Rate
€95 (EUR)
Ranked #9 of 303 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
West Kelowna, Canada
“Great choice for Amsterdam stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed at this b'n'b for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The location in the Jordaan district is excellent (lots of handy restaurants, markets, etc), fascinating streets to stroll, and the transportation links are very handy (if needed instead of walking to local spots).
The room itself was very tidy, bed great, bathroom modern and the balcony a nice spot to sit with a coffee. We opted for the breakfasts and were provided with a substantial meal of cheeses, meats, bread and jams, as well as freshly squeezed orange juice. Nice way to start the day.
Only caution I would have for potential clients would be to be aware of the usual Dutch styled steep staircase as an entry to the rooms. Otherwise, great option!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I'm always leery when it comes to accommodations because I have had terrible experiences through the years. Let me tell you, Sjudoransj did NOT disappoint me. I stayed in the Vermeer room for 3 nights with a friend and wished to have stayed longer! After a long day of walking and seeing sights it was so refreshing to return to a quiet and private place. Nestled in the Jordaan district, this BnB made me feel like a resident and not a tourist. The hosts, Dennis and Godffrey, treated us SO well and made us feel comfortable. I am somewhat rather picky when it comes to the bathroom and bed; I was blown away at the comfort and cleanliness of both. The breakfast was so perfect and was even more perfect with freshly squeezed OJ! This BnB screams quality and comfort. Godffrey and Dennis take pride in Sjudoransj so it wasn't any wonder that they made us feel right at home. I wish every accommodation had high standards like Sjudoransj. What an absolutely remarkable first introduction to Amsterdam.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My friend and I stayed at Sjudoransj just before Christmas 2013. It was absolutely amazing! Godfrey and Denis made us feel very welcome and at home. They are the ultimate hosts and are willing to help make your time in Amsterdam all you want it to be! The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean, the bed and linens are amazingly comfortable, breakfast is an array of goodness that they bring to you in the morning...I could go on and on about how fabulous this B&B is! I would never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam! I look forward to returning to Sjudoransj again soon.
Thank you Godfrey and Denis for being amazing hosts and for creating a wonderful place for people to stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Godfrey and Denis were wonderful hosts for our short family break in Amsterdam. When we arrived they immediately helped us with our tons of bags ( we whizzed off for a tour of Holland including Centre Parcs after our visit and didn't want too much kit left in the car) up the steep stairs of the house and you knew that nothing would be too much trouble. The rooms were wonderfully decorated and the kids loved having breakfast on the benches at the end of the beds. As it was Easter Godfrey had bought decorated boiled Eggs for the kids which they loved (but didn't eat) and we enjoyed making the freshly squeezed orange juice in our room with the juice press and bowl full of oranges. Having taken over the whole of the first floor it really made it feel like we were staying in an apartment more than a B&B as the kids moved freely between the two rooms. We asked for advice on places to go and things to do when we moved on from Amsterdam and Godfrey's suggestions were terrific. We had a fabulous 10 days in Holland due in no small part to the generosity, kindness and relaxed nature of these lovely people.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have travelled extensively as a concert pianist and prefer hotels not B&B for privacy reasons and comfort. That is why to my astonishment this reasonably priced established offered me everything I was looking for: privacy, peace and quiet, comfort, luxury and two great hosts. The breakfasts were so generous I could not even finish everything. The linen was luxurious and crisp and the private nespresso machine and designer teas made me feel at home. The interior decorating was modern and to my taste with a spacious bathroom/shower and a balcony. I was very happy with my Sjudoransj experience and will definitely be back. Best stay in Europe!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Vermeer room which has a balcony - great to sit and have the big breakfast here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed for three nights at the end of March and beginning of April. Our hosts Dennis and Godfrey were amazing!!! They made my first visit to Amsterdam so special by recommending local hangouts, restaurants, visiting attractions etc. It felt so nice being welcomed by people that go the extra mile for you. The accomodation was very beautiful and superbly comfortable. Each morning our breakfast was served in a big black crate filled with all the local goodies like freshly baked croissants, cold meats, cheeses, muesli and a lot more!! The B&B is located quite close to everything which made our sightseeing much easier. I will never ever stay in any other place in Amsterdam - ALWAYS SJUDORANSJ!

Room Tip: Every room is awesome!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed two nights in February for a weekend away from home. Very welcoming hosts, lovely big and modern room - which was also spotlessly clean. The coffee machine / water / oranges is a nice touch also. Bathroom is a big (underfloor heating is a massive plus!) and a good strong shower too.

Breakfast in the morning is amazing - enough for us to make a lunch out of it also (which is a very big selling point!) and being able to truly have breakfast in bed with the rolling-table/bench thing is a great advantage too.

Finally, it is well placed in a quiet residential area (so peace and quiet at night!) and within a short walk of all the top sights. Can't really complain!

Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: We had the back room (vermeer) which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Sjudoransj? Share your experiences!