“LOVE this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityHub

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CityHub
You added CityHub to your Saves list
Eerste Helmersstraat 80, 1053 BE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #19 of 207 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Boston, Massachusetts
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place is so awesome; I want to install a pod in my own house and just live there. It's a king-sized bed with really cool mood lighting (any color you want). Plus your own stereo system inside the pod and free wi-fi. It's super private, but you can be social when you want to be and come to the common room. In the common room there are free maps, beer for 2 euros, and comfy seating. Also, the bathroom was shared but super clean so it wasn't a problem.

Sam runs the place and is super friendly and welcoming. He wasn't there when I arrived, so it made me a little worried, but he came by the next day and showed me around. He also gave me a map so that I wouldn't get lost and told me about the card access to open the doors.

I seriously never wanted to leave my pod....the first night I just stayed in there because it was so comfortable. I will most definitely come back and I hope they open more of these in other cities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sarah M

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I first stayed here with my boyfriend in December (we booked/reviewed through Airbnb) and I loved it so much that I came back with my best friend.

Sem & Pieter are amazing hosts. They are so thoughtful and always respond to emails. Every recommendation was fantastic! The area around CityHub is great; there are tons of shops and restaurants nearby and you don't feel so touristy. It's only a few blocks away from the Van Gogh Museum and Vogelpark, and within walking distance from most of the main museums in the city.

The hub itself is unbelievably comfortable. The pictures make it look smaller than it is. Both times I've stayed in the bottom hubs, so I can only speak for those. There's enough space for two people to get ready, spread out, etc. without being crowded. And THE BED. I've dreamt about that bed every night since I left its comfort a few weeks ago. It's the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The only complaint about the hub itself is that you don't know what time it is and you might end up sleeping in!

The shower/toilets are shared, but everything is very clean and you're only sharing with a max of seven other people. It's the price of a hostel, but the service/cleanliness of a hotel. I would and will stay here every time I return to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the rooms on the bottom, but they were great for a shorty like me. :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Serena W
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The City Hub is a really unique place to stay. Its kind of a hostel (shared bathroom), but its the cool one. There are 4 hubs with comfy double beds. If you have a fear of small places, avoid it, but if you want to have a different experience its a must. The hosts are really friendly and helpful, its in a great location to reach the city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights! I had great night sleeps for all of them. The bed is super comfy. The CityHib concept is awesome! You get your own private hub but you can also gather around with other travelers in the common areas if you want.

Both Sem and Peter are great hosts. The hub is in a great location...on a quiet street but only one street over from a tram stop (about a minute walk.) Also takes about 20 minutes to walk to most Amsterdam attractions is your not into taking trams. Also great value! There is also a super market one street over.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Danielle8123
Valletta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Following 2 weeks at CityHub, I slept very comfortably every night, could make use of the kitchen and front room - and had free wifi anytime and anywhere! CityHub was excellent value for money and a short walk from Amsterdam historic centre, within a safe neighbourhood!

Room Tip: All rooms are separate, with black-out binds and card-operated doors that can be securely locked
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wendy Jo A A
Amsterdam, Nederland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

It does what it pretends to do: a good sleep, cooking and bathing facilities and a social hub. And that all for a modest price. I slept so well.
I was we'll received and met some nice people.
I had a good meal from a caterer around the corner.

Room Tip: Get a meal from the AH supermarket around the corner and have a cheap good meal in the hub.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo