“Nice look, nice waiter, HORRIBLE DISH.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #214 of 2,322 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice look, nice waiter, HORRIBLE DISH.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but I got something supposedly with anchovies, garlic, olive oil, and cherry tomatoes. The anchovies were the saltiest and worst anchovies I have ever had. The dish was covered in tiny bones, and the cherry tomatoes were in fact cherry peppers and was mislabeled. The white wine I had with my meal was subpar. The waiter was wonderful and I'm thinking maybe I ordered the wrong dish but it was so awful I had to go get something else to overpower the residual taste of terribleness.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Moscow, Russia
“Cozy, welcoming and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Nice and cozy place to eat out.

Great Italian cuisine

be careful - portions are very generous, just huge!!

Bruscetta is like a full lunch

Visited May 2014
Oakland, California
“Nice place to catch a window seat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stopped here because it was across the street from our hotel. I had the chicken alfredo which was decent. Kinda bland but it wasn't bad once you added some salt, pepper, and parmasean cheese (which I had to do after each bite it seemed LOL). A little pricey for the lack of taste but not bad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were planning to have a quick dinner at Vapiano on Rembrandtsquare. It was so unbelievably busy we couldn't stay, it was so crowded. As I felt like eating pasta, I remembered seeing the Pasta Factory earlier that week and suggested we go there. What a great decision! The food was excellent (we all had a salad to start, and pasta as a main dish). Portions we're big, you definitely won't leave hungry. The ingredients are fresh and the pasta itself is so tasty, you can taste that it's home-made. Service was so super friendly and attentive by a young man, I am not used to it anymore (and I'm from Amsterdam). Biggest positive surprise was when we received the check. It was amazing value for money. I will be coming back, for sure!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Place was very quiet when we went however we were pleasantly suprised with the quality of the food especially the pasta. Price is very reasonable and cheaper than other Italian restaurants in the surrounding area. We ordered the pizza as well and again it was a great dish. Will definalty make a point of re-visiting if I come back to Amsterdam

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere