“SOAD” 4 of 5 stars

Leuven, Belgium
4 attraction reviews
“SOAD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Very good concert in a great hall. Easy acces and lots of helpfull staff. Didn't like the throwing of cups and the indoor smoking. Pity the Heineken drinkers.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
“Concert of muse!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Frist time in the ziggodome and no trouble finding the seats... They where very comfy, and the view was nice (2nd ring) the concert started with unsustainable... And the music was really great... A lot of people know muse for their fantastic light and laser shows, those where really great in the ziggodome...

Glasgow, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Great venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were there for an Iron Maiden concert and had brilliant seats. For us girls, there were plenty of toilets (normally a problem) and the staff certainly were helpful. We got caught out with regards to the purchasing beforehand of the tokens for the bar (see the cash withdrawal like machines) which certainly made life easier if purchasing drinks. Ample places for eating in close proximity.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Iron Maiden Concert, Ziggo Dome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Excellent venue, well organised, quick entry to venue, clear directions, wide range of food and drinks available at venue i.e. chips, sandwiches, smoothies, fruit as well as alcohol and soft drinks. Have to purchase tokens from machine (accept cash and card) and then provide tokens to the amount required. Staff helpful.

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“Iron Maiden Concert.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

So, spent lots of time looking forward to the concert, having read all the "this is the best venue acoustically in the Netherlands" stuff that is touted about the Ziggo Dome. However, I just don't see it. Maiden are one of the biggest bands in the world and yet probably one word in five was decipherable. For most people, they are probably just happy to be there but for me, I want to hear the lyrics, "fnar nar fnuff nummf madness, merr nerr fnar looked at me mmff ner fnrr ner" just doesn't cut it. My wife and I had paid good money to hear Bruce sing, even if we couldn't see him (or anyone else for that matter) due to being slap bang in the middle of the standing section of the crowd.

After 40 minutes, I'd had enough. "Do you want to go?" says the wife? "Yes!" said I, and so we headed out. There were still people on the desks so I thought I would complain about the sound, and the fact that the vocal was inaudible, The lady there said, perhaps it may be better if you go into the seated part, and pointed us through to the back of the arena. "Worth a try" we thought so walked in. "At least we can actually see something here", I said, and it's quite possible we would've stayed. However, then, for no determinable reason whatsoever, and with no warning, a group of 5 Mojo security attacked me from behind, smashing me to the floor, and then wrestled me out of the arena to the entry hall. There they held me, pinned against a wall for maybe 15 mins (possibly longer, frankly the whole thing was a blur), point blank refusing to tell me why they'd attacked me.

Eventually I was let free, and told I could go back within the concert hall, so I have to assume they knew they'd done something wrong, but, by now i was covered in bruises, missed a good 25 mins of the concert, and very very angry. We refused to go back in and instead called the police to report an unprovoked assault. However, I am British, and my Dutch is somewhat limited. The police who arrived said "I don't have to speak to you in English. You're in the Netherlands. Speak Dutch or don't speak at all!" and then drove off.

I then got two more police who were near by, and tried to say to those too what happened and they also pointedly refused to take a statement, or even acknowledge there had been an incident.

So, to sum up. The venue acoustics were awful. The security staff were either incompetent, or simply spoiling for a fight, or quite possibly both. There was no apology. No explanation as to why I was attacked. If you have the option to go somewhere else for your concert, make sure you do. I will now spend the next few days establishing how to get some form of recompense from both the venue, and the Amsterdam police.