“An amazing find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Rika

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maison Rika
You added Maison Rika to your Saves list
Oude Spiegelstraat 12, 1016 BM Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #114 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“An amazing find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My friend saw a review of this place in monocle and recommended it. This gives you a hint of what it is like. Stylish, inviting and uber cool.

The good: The rooms are beautiful. Big, good looking furniture, black painted wooden floors, exposed wooden vaulted ceiling, windows on 2 corners with canal views. Amsterdam is expensive for accommodation so €200 is a bargain.

The unusual: You enter through a store with merchandise out all the time. This can feel a little awkward in the day and make you wary at night. The owners really trust their guests, that's lovely.
The toilet is next to the heated towel rail so you need to sit kind of sideways if you want to avoid burns.
The steps are steep and tiny. This makes big shoes or big drinks a testing partner.

I love this place and would stay again in a heartbeat. So much better than a stock standard hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Business
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ever since I spent some of my studies in Amsterdam I have nurtured the dream of returning to stay in this magic city for good. In my dream not much is the same as during the student years. Well, Amsterdam is. But my own situation is a personal passion-creativity bubble by a canal. Staying at Rika places me right in that vision and gives me one happy moment after the other. The sound of the bikes at night outside the window, breakfast at the café next door, the canal when I wake up, the huge windows, the warmth of the owners. And did I mention that you enter through a store with exquisite accessories? I love this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Maison Rika? Share your experiences!