“perfect location, cool and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Voyagers Hotel Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Voyagers Hotel Amsterdam
You added Voyagers Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Geldersekade 2, 1012 BH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District (De Wallen))   |
Ranked #119 of 322 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Suzhou, China
“perfect location, cool and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

stayed in voyagers in June 2014

the hotel is perfectly located near the amsterdam centraal station.
staff was nice and friendly.
the hotel rooms are nothing special but clean and spacious enough for 2 people.
our room was on the second floor reachable via "hardcore steep" staircase. if you want to be safe you better take a climbing lessons from reinhold messner or make sure you a not drunk or what ever. other than that it depends a little bit on your neighbours how good you can sleep. our neighbours were a little bit noisy but what can you say....its amsterdam....everybody is there for a blast. the beds in our room weren't the best either....just two bunk beds (terrible sounds when you move) but for amsterdam, for the price and location nothing really to complain! very clean rooms and shower, very friendly house keeper and helpful staff.
the hotel sells also very decent coffee downstairs!! HIGHly recommeded!!

Room Tip: if you have a lot of luggage try to get the basement room. access to rooms on higher floor only via...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I didn't think that I could say anything better than my previous review from our stay here in March, but this place is simply the best hotel I've stayed in over the last couple of decades in Amsterdam!

I had my "usual" basement double shower room and it was just as good as the first time! My friends had the best room in the house again - the double ensuite (with a bath!!!) above the coffeeshop entrance, and another friend, whose first trip to Amsterdam this was, had the twin ensuite upstairs from them!

We had arrived just before they opened, so we grabbed some breakfast from the "Tapas Restaurant" which is pretty much next door - I can't remember the name of the place, but it had a lot of seating outside, and we thought it would be the perfect position to watch for when Voyagers opened. (I have to say I was NOT impressed with the food there, but this is a review of the hotel, so I'll leave it at that!)

Danny came and opened up the doors and we trooped across to check in... I was massively impressed that Danny not only remembered my name from back in March, but he also thanked me for the last review I'd written on here - good to see that establishments actually care about what people write about them and their businesses! These little personal touches can really enhance your stay, and my friends had commented on how friendly and helpful EVERYONE at this fine hotel/coffeeshop are!

Only two of the rooms were ready at this early hour, so we thankfully dropped our bags and relaxed in the best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a wee while to collect ourselves and plan the day's events (it was my best friend's wife's birthday!)...

My room was spotless as before and all three of my companions commented on how comfortable their beds were after the first night - they're right! A good night's sleep will always make your stay that little better and this is no exception.

It was only a two night stay again this time, which barely gives you time to do everything you wanted to do in Amsterdam, but somehow we managed to cram a lot of stuff into this short break, knowing that our base of operations was so conveniently placed for getting out and about the city. The Centraal station is only just over the road, which means tram travel is perfectly accessible to reach pretty much anywhere in the city! There's also a metro station almost right outside, so you have all options at your disposal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's NOTHING I don't like about this place! :) I suffer from arthritis in my knees (had an operation on one of them only a month before our last trip), and the dowstairs basement room was the best thing ever! Instead of tackling the rather steep Amsterdam staircases, it only takes four or five steps down from the key-less entrance just around the corner on Oudezijds Kolk to reach the room (just remember to mind your head!) and that is one of the best things for me. I've started to plan my holidays in Amsterdam around the availability of this room alone now! In fact, our next trip in September (3 nights this time) was booked solely on the availability of a couple of rooms here!!! Crazy? Not at all. I know what I like and I like what I know. The "comfort-zone" of having a great hotel to stay in makes everything that little bit more "gezellig"!

The key-less door system is very convenient as well - you get a little electronic tag which opens the outer door to the street and also the inner door to your room - nice and secure and I have had no fears whatsoever about the security of the place - it also means that once you've checked in and have your "key", you can come and go as and when you please without having to rely on 24 hour reception service, so if you fancy a stroll at 7am or are staggering back in the early, early hours it's ideal!

Anyway, I've rambled on enough...

Top hotel, top staff, top coffeeshop. (Oh, and free wifi!!!)

As far as I'm concerned, the best in Amsterdam!

See you guys in about 91 days time!

Room Tip: For maximum comfort - go for the double ensuite (room 2) it's got a bath!!! Never had a room wit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

No need to shop around, voyagers is the 1st and only place needed! Great location, friendly staff, the best coffeeshop in Amsterdam. I haven't stayed in the hotel but can imagine that if there was loads of you, it wouldn't be hard to have a nice stay at voyagers

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first stop here using the hotel side of the business and I have to say I'm very impressed!

The room was very spacious by Amsterdam standards, clean and with a decent sized ensuite bathroom/shower.

My friends had the double room upstairs from the main coffeeshop and I had the basement double shower room which actually worked out better for me because I'd had a knee operation just over four weeks earlier, and popping down half a dozen stairs to the basement was so much easier than the two flights of steep Amsterdam stairs to get to the twin ensuite which I'd originally booked for myself and a friend!

I'm actually kind of glad my friend couldn't make it because this room was just perfect for me!

So very close to the Centraal Station as well, which means getting around is ever so easy - we ended up buying tram passes for our stay and could quickly get wherever we wanted to go after a quick walk back to the station's tram stops which run from either side of the front of the building...

Staff there are great. Very helpful and friendly and we loved our stay so much, I've just booked us back in again for my friend's wife's Birthday in June!

Room Tip: The double ensuite has to be the best in Amsterdam - right above the main coffeeshop with big window...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Northwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I didn't use the hotel facilities here but used the coffee shop. First point of note is to take ID with you, as they will ask for it, along with everyone else in your party.

The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming and the weed was fantastic. Came recommended from the Cannabis College and after chatting with the staff they were incredibly pleased to hear this, and were kind and humble enough to recommend me some other places to try whilst in the city.

Overall I don't think this is somewhere I could spend all day, the food and drink options are limited, and the place itself is quite small, so when a large group entered space tends to be at a premium. Well worth even a brief visit as their weed is very good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I strictly use vapourisers and this place had the volcano to use free of charge and also some fantastic orange flavored weed which was a joy to use in the few days i was in the Dam..

Friendly staff and a nice place to stop, get relaxed before heading over towards the red ligh district.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This isn't a coffeeshop where I feel totally comfortable spending hour after hour, however the staff are always friendly, nothings too much trouble and their SLBH is (imo) the best lemon haze you'll find in all of Amsterdam and beyond.
Drink selection isn't as good as alot of other coffee shops and I'm not a fan of the whole layout. But did I mention the SLBH? All of these things can be forgiven because of their SLBH!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends