“Great for a slightly more upmarket 'Dam experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 2,470 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We love food, every second, every minute and every hour we think about food. Eating shouldn't be done only three times a day. We like to eat all day long. That is why our kitchen is open till late in the evening. In our kitchen we don't differentiate between starters and main courses. Just order what you like and if you want to eat more, you order another dish. Our kitchen combines the best of different international cuisines, using classic and avant-garde culinary techniques. Did we mention we love food? Hmmmm.... However we might love our drinks even more! The variety in drinks is so big, that nobody should stick to one drink in their life. At T&S we offer you a wide variety of spirits which all have their own story. We like to introduce you to new flavor combinations in our drinks and tell you the tale of the spirits which come together in your glass.
“Great for a slightly more upmarket 'Dam experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Recently had my Stag do in Amsterdam, As I am now pushing 40 we decided to lift ourselves away from trying to relive our youth in the red light district and enjoy an altogether more civilised meal.

We had a great evening, the food was delicious and the drinks were amazing, I nearly cried watching a guy on another table trying to impress his date whilst being served a drink that came with a talking replica of the dukes of hazard car!

The staff were attentive and we really couldnt have asked for a better meal, and I hope to return with my future wife in the not too distant future.

• Visited March 2014

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Dangerously great cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I have run up some pretty huge bar bills in here! The drinks are great, the food is really nice and the staff are excellent. It's my favourite cocktail bar in Amsterdam. Try the Fallen Lady!

Visited March 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, service and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nothing but good things to say about this restaurant. The service, food and cocktails were amazing. Prices were perfectly reasonable for the quality.

• Visited March 2014
Volendam, The Netherlands
“Great place for food and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Tales and Spirits is one of my favourite restaurants in Amsterdam to go with my friends for food and cocktails. I think the service here is their best asset, it is far above the standards in Amsterdam and amazes me every time. The cocktails are also very good and there is a wide range you can choose from. The food menu changes for the season, but I always pick the truffle Risotto, as it is the best!!

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and very trendy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We came to Tales & Spirits after looking on the iamsterdam website before our trip. It didn't disappoint!

It was really busy when we entered but managed to get a spot at the bar. The bar man was very friendly, funny and accommodating!

I was slightly shocked by the prices of the cocktails but hey we were on holiday and we really did like the atmosphere!

My cocktail was delicious and came in the quirky jam jar and with basil! My boyfriend went for a manly whiskey classic cocktail. They also gave you a small bottle of water which is good thinking!

If we go to Amsterdam again we will definitely come again and probably have a bite to eat as well!

• Visited February 2014