“Dangerously great cocktails!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 2,323 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Tales & Spirits is a craft cocktail bar and restaurant in the historical center of Amsterdam. Serving exquisite cocktails and delicious food for affordable prices all with a big smile and extraordinary hospitality. T&S is a grown up eating & drinking establishment, admittance reserved to ladies & gentlemen over the age of 21. Our focus lies on providing incredible experiences, using classic and innovative culinary & mixology techniques, stunning presentation and serving vessels, all designed and served in a fashion that will continually 'wow' you. But above all, we believe in having fun..... don't you?
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Dangerously great cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I have run up some pretty huge bar bills in here! The drinks are great, the food is really nice and the staff are excellent. It's my favourite cocktail bar in Amsterdam. Try the Fallen Lady!

Visited March 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, service and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nothing but good things to say about this restaurant. The service, food and cocktails were amazing. Prices were perfectly reasonable for the quality.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Volendam, The Netherlands
“Great place for food and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Tales and Spirits is one of my favourite restaurants in Amsterdam to go with my friends for food and cocktails. I think the service here is their best asset, it is far above the standards in Amsterdam and amazes me every time. The cocktails are also very good and there is a wide range you can choose from. The food menu changes for the season, but I always pick the truffle Risotto, as it is the best!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and very trendy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We came to Tales & Spirits after looking on the iamsterdam website before our trip. It didn't disappoint!

It was really busy when we entered but managed to get a spot at the bar. The bar man was very friendly, funny and accommodating!

I was slightly shocked by the prices of the cocktails but hey we were on holiday and we really did like the atmosphere!

My cocktail was delicious and came in the quirky jam jar and with basil! My boyfriend went for a manly whiskey classic cocktail. They also gave you a small bottle of water which is good thinking!

If we go to Amsterdam again we will definitely come again and probably have a bite to eat as well!

• Visited February 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Nice bar, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Nice atmosphere and staff. They serve a multitude of interesting, albeit expensive, cocktails. I went with the “smoke and mirrors” which was interesting (not bad, not great, just okay) which had … smoke and was served on a mirror. Very friendly vibe and personnel at the bar. We didn’t eat there so I can’t rate the food.

• Visited February 2014