“Awesome ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 2,508 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We love food, every second, every minute and every hour we think about food. Eating shouldn't be done only three times a day. We like to eat all day long. That is why our kitchen is open till late in the evening. In our kitchen we don't differentiate between starters and main courses. Just order what you like and if you want to eat more, you order another dish. Our kitchen combines the best of different international cuisines, using classic and avant-garde culinary techniques. Did we mention we love food? Hmmmm.... However we might love our drinks even more! The variety in drinks is so big, that nobody should stick to one drink in their life. At T&S we offer you a wide variety of spirits which all have their own story. We like to introduce you to new flavor combinations in our drinks and tell you the tale of the spirits which come together in your glass.
“Awesome ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This place was a great atmosphere and delicious food. Very very friendly, Rob was terrific, joked around and explained everything very well. Portions are not the biggest but hell who cares when it fabulous. I would suggest that if you have the time to relax and enjoy well prepared food stop by. If you starving and in a hurry then I would stay away. I will make it back to this place one day.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friends and I have just returned from a weekend in Amsterdam and I feel compelled to write this review. We went for a meal here on Saturday 9th November having booked a table after reading previous reviews. The evening was fantastic. There were 4 of us in our party (average age 48 years - all female) and we had a ball. The staff were attentive, the atmosphere was lively and the cocktails and food were just great. The street was a bit difficult to find but when I telephoned the restaurant to explain that I couldn't find them the guy came out on to the street to find us!
I have eaten out in a number of great restaurants and I have had far too many cocktails in my time but I can honestly say this place is one of the best I have been to in terms of fun, friendliness and warmth.
I wholeheartedly recommend it. (Booking a table is advisable!)

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Fantastic T&S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

this cocktail bar, speakeasy style, it not only beautiful, doesn't only have incredible cocktails, but also fantastic food. Small tasteful and sophisticated dishes.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Creative delicious drinks worth their price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great selection, amazing presentation (ken doll in a bathtub!!!), a bit on the expensive side but absolutely worth it!

Singapore
“In the right spirit for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was introduced to this place by a Dutch colleague for after-office drinks. And what a gem it turned out to be.

Tucked in an alleyway with a nondescript entrance, the charm of Tales & Spirits only revealed itself behind those thick velvet curtains. Bare brick wall, suspended chandeliers, dimly-lit interior all add to the mystique vibe of the place.

The drinks certainly do not disappoint. But be warned, the food portions are tiny.

I ordered the Beef Tenderloin - Grilled beef shoulder tenderloin with smoked bacon, cream of onion, grapes marinated in curry and pommes carré. It was beautifully cooked and presented. Exquisite flavours, as the combination of the beef, bacon, grapes and curry danced circles on my taste buds.

I paired that with What if...? - a twist on the Daiquiri with Bacardi Superior, Fresh lime and pineapple- ginger shrub. And it was sublime.

Then I had Fallen Lady. "In honour of the hard working, honest women of the neighborhood, unjustly referred to throughout history as "fallen" women. A sexy combination of Ketel One vodka, Mozart dark chocolate liqueur, raspberry syrup, fresh lemon juice and Bittermen's Burlesque bitters." The ladies of the night would be so proud!

The whole cocktail bar-restaurant experience was so intoxicating I actually came back the next day where Old-Fashioned Whisky and bitterballen ruled the night!

• 4 of 5 stars Food