“No need to go to Thailand for Thai food, it's right here!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No need to go to Thailand for Thai food, it's right here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We visit Thailand quite often, as you will see from my previous reviews, and I like the Thai food right there, where it came from - or when I cook it in my own kitchen, with a little global cuisine twist. We came here because I had a major craving for Tom Yum, and it was exactly what I wanted. The restaurant is quite cosy and looks out on a busy pedestrian street. The staff is super friendly and the food that we tried was really tasty. I particularly liked the Tom Yum, the mixed seafood in sweet and spicy sauce and their side of fried noodles with veggies. Even remembering it already makes me want to go back! They even have Thai beer- Singha and Chang! What more could you ask for?

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alicante Province, Spain
“Fresh and Delicious Pad Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I picked up pad thai from Thai Phutakun while in Amsterdam, and was not one bit disappointed. The dish was flavourful and extremely delicious: I LOVED it! I can't speak to the ambiance of eating in the restaurant, but I loved how the kitchen was just behind the front counter and you could see and smell all that was being cooked. I would definitely return for another meal if I'm ever in Amsterdam again!

Visited February 2014
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
“Amazing Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The food was absolutely delicious, it is definitely a place we will go back to upon our next visit to Amsterdam.

Visited February 2014
UK
“Quirky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you saw this place from the outside you might just walk by and it is unusual but great. The food was copious and freshly made and flavoursome,Erics our waiter was helpful with suggestions from the menu and although the wine list was limited to white rose or red it went well with the food! We had a lovely evening.

Visited March 2014
Merles, France
“Unexceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Family-run Thai restaurant; small, clean, nothing much to say either for or against it. The Thai flavours have been radically watered down to appease local tastes: the minced pork with chili and Thai basil was very short of both basil and chili. The chicken with vegetables was totally bland. The server was charming and the kitchen looked clean. It is not expensive, just un-memorable.

• Visited March 2014