“Great view 90 minutes for lunch not acceptable” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great view 90 minutes for lunch not acceptable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

So yeah sure the view of the city is fairly amazing and the open deck is wonderful on a sunny day but if you are thinking of grabbing a quick bite to eat/drink forget about it.

We went for lunch today and to get some drinks and some burgers it took almost 90 minutes and the place wasn't even that busy. There were a lot of people sitting there but barely any orders besides some cool drinks.

When the burgers finally arrived I was not impressed, the bun was stale and I would have had a better burger patty at McDonalds... very unimpressed considering how long we had to wait. The only redeeming factor is the fries were crunchy...

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Amsterdam, Nederland
“Great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Situated on top of the new Volkshotel, Canvas is one of the few places in Amsterdam with a great view over the city. The restaurant has good food and is reasonably priced. It's mostly visited by locals. Because it's recently renovated the restaurant is not in all the tourist guides. But I think this will just be a matter of time.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Chilling out with a nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited the place with colleagues and I was a bit puzzled by the entrance, as I never thought there could be any sort of bar or restaurant in there. When the elevator doors open you find yourself in a quite groovy place with groovy people. We sat on the terrace, where the view is just amazing from the 7th floor. The food was fairly nice and did not take too long compared to the Dutch average. The music in the backgroud was quite weird, sort of Folk, but bearable and not too loud! Pity it's shutting down to leave place to a hotel.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Hipster place but what a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My sister and I often go here when I visit her in Amsterdam. It is a laid back bar/cafe. We've never been at night, but it seems like a good place to go for a night of dancing.

The outside seating has nice views over Amsterdam. The food is ok, although the apple pie is very sweet. They have heaps of different drinks, although I always miss that they don't have soy milk for your coffee. It seems like a soy milk type of place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Surprisingly nice venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife, daughter and I ate here a couple of times when in Amsterdam. The food was a cut above most of the local fayre and reasonably priced. The 7th floor location gives a great view I'm told but we couldn't see it through the mist not that this detracted from our meals. Limited choice of wine but that is only a minor quibble. If we're back in Amsterdam we will eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere