“Outstanding find” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stumbled upon this little gem during a trip to Amsterdam at the weekend and were blown away by the menu and the overall dining experience. The presentation of the food was amazing and the service was excellent. The waiter went over and above his duty to meet our needs and was more than willing to organise an extra suprise for my husband's birthday. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent French/Catalan/Spanish like food - top!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We often go to AzurBleu, the food is great, wine selection is well balanced, one of the best "affordable Gastro" places of Amsterdam. Cosy not too posh atmosphere yet great dishes, chef is super friendly! A must try for people who like great food in A'dam.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good food but some negatives too”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The menu is a little bit messy in the sense that they have set menus mixed in with a la carte and some things written on a blackboard. It wasn't helped by an inexperienced waiter not really knowing how to explain things, especially in English. The atmosphere is very nice and the design and layout make for an entertaining evening. The waiters are well trained in attempting to up sell you which is not common in Holland. The food overall was very good and the portions are reasonable. I personally didn't like the 2% surcharge on American Express which is unnecessary and in my opinion shows bad business sense.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“Good food, good wine, nice ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten 4 times at this place, and I will be back. The food is very good and the ambiance and service make you feel at home.

Visited September 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great food,great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The concierge at our hotel recommended this restaurant but when we got there it turned out that he forgot to actually call and book us a table. The people were so nice,found us a table and never once made a fuss about it. The chef came out of the kitchen and offered us English menus and full explanations of the specials! The waitress was also as nice and helpful! Not once were we made to feel awkward about being a tourist! I ordered the pumpkin soup which was by far the best soup I have ever had,my husband had the lobster bisque which was good but not as good as mine. Our daughter ordered the pizza which was served cool and was very light. It was delicious,it had a FILO dough,ricotta,carpaccio and a wonderful light sauce. For our main dishes I had the cod which was very good,my husband had the deer which was served 3 ways and was delicious,our daughter had the hangar steak which was also very good. They were all so nice and I can't stress enough that when visiting Amsterdam this is one neighbourhood gem that should not be passed by.