“Great food,great service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Montreal, Canada
“Great food,great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The concierge at our hotel recommended this restaurant but when we got there it turned out that he forgot to actually call and book us a table. The people were so nice,found us a table and never once made a fuss about it. The chef came out of the kitchen and offered us English menus and full explanations of the specials! The waitress was also as nice and helpful! Not once were we made to feel awkward about being a tourist! I ordered the pumpkin soup which was by far the best soup I have ever had,my husband had the lobster bisque which was good but not as good as mine. Our daughter ordered the pizza which was served cool and was very light. It was delicious,it had a FILO dough,ricotta,carpaccio and a wonderful light sauce. For our main dishes I had the cod which was very good,my husband had the deer which was served 3 ways and was delicious,our daughter had the hangar steak which was also very good. They were all so nice and I can't stress enough that when visiting Amsterdam this is one neighbourhood gem that should not be passed by.