The apartment itself is in a perfect location. Only a ten minute stroll to Rembrandt Square, with it's numerous cafe's, bars and shops, but nestled away in a quiet street.
- Greeted by lovely host who gave us our key's, recommended places to eat, places to visit, and offered to help with taxi booking etc.
- Very good location, with numerous bars and cafe's etc literally just at the top of the street. Also a couple of supermarkets within walking distance; very useful if you want to make a cup of tea in the morning!
- Modern apartment but still with those lovely features, the beams, large windows etc.
The apartment is described as luxury. Whilst I agree with this, I think just a tiny bit more care needs to be given to the little touches (just small things).
-For example, numerous tea bags are provided, but no milk. Perhaps just a couple of mini capsules could be provided? This would be great for people arriving after a long journey who may not have the energy to pick up some shopping.
- The apartment was on the ground floor, so some noise from the upper apartments is to be expected. However, 2 of our 4 nights sleep were completely interrupted by an INCREDIBLY heavily footed and inconsiderate individual in the apartment above us. Doors being slammed, chairs being pulled across tiled floors, literally stomping back and forth VERY EARLY and VERY LATE into the night.
- There are some self catering facilities, and we went to use a frying pan one morning. Firstly, the pans were stored in a cupboard next to the bin, not very hygenic. Secondly, we pulled out one of the saucepans which had the remains of the last user's dinner in; I'm not even sure what it was !
I do think, although you should leave the apartment as close to how you found it, there is not really the option for you to do a 'proper clean', and nor should you have to when staying in 'luxury' apartments. I would expect EVERYTHING to be checked, and items which have obviously been used, and not cleaned properly, to be cleaned.
Unfortunately, the lack of sleep was a major factor for us and for this reason we would not return to these apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CoHo Suites offers luxury apartments along a historic canal in the center of Amsterdam. Along the Prinsengracht Canal, this is a true gem, set in a classic 17th century canal house. At only walking distance from the CoHo Suites you find the highlights of Amsterdam. Such as the Skinny Bridge crossing the Amstel River at 200 meters, the renovated Rijksmuseum at 1 kilometre, the lively Rembrandt square at 700 meters and the peaceful & stylish Utrechtse street just around the corner. The apartment has recently been completely renovated, decorated in a modern style and is equipped with a kitchenette, bathroom with bath and/or shower, luxury beds and free WiFi. The setting and location of CoHo Suites are ideal for both business and leisure travellers, families and couples. Shops, restaurants, bars and all main museums are located in the area on a few minutes walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your CoHo Apartment Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.