“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht

Save Saved
You added Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht to your Saves list
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 587, 1016 HT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% off
Ranked #5 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a 3 night break here and all i can say was that it was amazing. The hotel was beautiful, really clean (I did not need to use my own pillow!) and in a perfect location. The breakfasts and dinner we had in the hotel was lovely. The staff at the hotel were the nicest i have ever come across, they were so helpful and friendly. I could not fault it in any way. Any negative comments should be ignored. Thanks Andaz for making my 40th birthday getaway so good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A fun hotel in a great location. Very friendly and helpful staff. I don't remember ever checking into my room from the bar before. Modern, clean and comfortable! Super location with great restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. Close to the Ann Frank House.

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I tried this hotel a while ago and meant to write this much earlier. This is really one of the best places I have stayed at, the staff, service and food in the restaurant is truly superb. I hope to get a chance to visit again. Well done to the team.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

one of the best Hotels i stayed world wide. I can strongly recommend it. From the reception process, the room Quality, the breakfast, all excellent. The interior design is chique and modern without being cold. The friendliness of the staff is outstanding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

To start, I was upgraded to the Prinsengracht Suite as a Diamond, so I was blown away by what may just be the best hotel room (definitely top 5) that I've ever stayed in. I was a bit annoyed that the room was not ready until about 3:30pm when I arrived at 8am, however, given the size and amenities in the room, I can understand why the previous guest would want to stay in there for as long as possible. I had a hard time leaving the room myself upon check-out.

As many others have discussed, the hotel is at a great location on Prinsengracht - extremely easy to get to from the airport by public transportation as well as being very central to get to everything. The hotel has a small library when you enter that served wine in the late afternoon/early evening. While some of the art is questionable, the hotel lobby is well appointed and very inviting.

Upon entering the room, I was amazed by the size of the balcony and the view of the canal from the balcony. The living room was very inviting and the kitchen was very well-stocked. The bedroom and bathroom were both huge and I loved the heated tile floor in the bathroom. The pièce de résistance for me was the double door that opened up the conference room table, with doors that were designed to close up the room to be a conference room. My only complaints, which are minor, was that the mattress was harder than I would like and that the bathtub was not really designed for use, as you had to hold onto the shower hose to get water into the tub. I wasn't expecting this and made a bit of a mess in the bathroom. The decorative details of the room are wonderful -- from the design of the couch to the details of the wallpaper. I would have made some slightly different design choices for the fish design on the bedroom wall and the weird sink/faucet in the bathroom, but those are very minor details. I love the bath product with black tea and the separate rain showerhead in the shower. Given the location (and that I was there during the evening of the quarterfinal win of the Netherlands-Costa Rica game of the World Cup), I was surprised at how quiet the rooms were.

Wifi was wonky in some places in the room, but I was able to get it to work most of the time. The gym was smaller than I expected, but it had sufficient pieces of equipment for a workout. Breakfast was great, especially the pancakes and waffle with honey butter and berry sauce. I was catching an early flight on my last morning and the staff was nice enough to serve breakfast at 6am rather than their opening hour of 6:30am. While I won't expect the Prinsengracht Suite every time, this was really one of my best hotel stay ever and I will definitely be back. I've stayed at the Pulitzer and the Marriott, but I think this will be my go-to hotel in Amsterdam.

I find the informal check-in area of Andaz's off-putting, as I like a more formal check-in, but the staff at check-in were generally helpful and gave some great advice about dining and touring options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Andaz was wonderful, as the City of Amsterdam. Superb room, staff and design.

Restaurant for breakfast offers good choice of products.

We stayed there for 3 wonderful nights, enjoying Amsterdam and hotel.

If the occasion will happen, I'll book Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht!

Stayed November 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Check-in with a glas of complimentary white wine in your hand. Go to your funky room and try the large shower. Try some of the amazing restaurants thats around the corner or the Bluespoon at the hotel. Amazing breakfast. I have no complaints. Try it and be amazed!

Room Tip: We had a gardenview room and it was really quiet. The noise, screaming children, from the corridor...