“The Best in Amsterdam!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
New York City, New York
“The Best in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I tried this hotel a while ago and meant to write this much earlier. This is really one of the best places I have stayed at, the staff, service and food in the restaurant is truly superb. I hope to get a chance to visit again. Well done to the team.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

one of the best Hotels i stayed world wide. I can strongly recommend it. From the reception process, the room Quality, the breakfast, all excellent. The interior design is chique and modern without being cold. The friendliness of the staff is outstanding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

To start, I was upgraded to the Prinsengracht Suite as a Diamond, so I was blown away by what may just be the best hotel room (definitely top 5) that I've ever stayed in. I was a bit annoyed that the room was not ready until about 3:30pm when I arrived at 8am, however, given the size and amenities in the room, I can understand why the previous guest would want to stay in there for as long as possible. I had a hard time leaving the room myself upon check-out.

As many others have discussed, the hotel is at a great location on Prinsengracht - extremely easy to get to from the airport by public transportation as well as being very central to get to everything. The hotel has a small library when you enter that served wine in the late afternoon/early evening. While some of the art is questionable, the hotel lobby is well appointed and very inviting.

Upon entering the room, I was amazed by the size of the balcony and the view of the canal from the balcony. The living room was very inviting and the kitchen was very well-stocked. The bedroom and bathroom were both huge and I loved the heated tile floor in the bathroom. The pièce de résistance for me was the double door that opened up the conference room table, with doors that were designed to close up the room to be a conference room. My only complaints, which are minor, was that the mattress was harder than I would like and that the bathtub was not really designed for use, as you had to hold onto the shower hose to get water into the tub. I wasn't expecting this and made a bit of a mess in the bathroom. The decorative details of the room are wonderful -- from the design of the couch to the details of the wallpaper. I would have made some slightly different design choices for the fish design on the bedroom wall and the weird sink/faucet in the bathroom, but those are very minor details. I love the bath product with black tea and the separate rain showerhead in the shower. Given the location (and that I was there during the evening of the quarterfinal win of the Netherlands-Costa Rica game of the World Cup), I was surprised at how quiet the rooms were.

Wifi was wonky in some places in the room, but I was able to get it to work most of the time. The gym was smaller than I expected, but it had sufficient pieces of equipment for a workout. Breakfast was great, especially the pancakes and waffle with honey butter and berry sauce. I was catching an early flight on my last morning and the staff was nice enough to serve breakfast at 6am rather than their opening hour of 6:30am. While I won't expect the Prinsengracht Suite every time, this was really one of my best hotel stay ever and I will definitely be back. I've stayed at the Pulitzer and the Marriott, but I think this will be my go-to hotel in Amsterdam.

I find the informal check-in area of Andaz's off-putting, as I like a more formal check-in, but the staff at check-in were generally helpful and gave some great advice about dining and touring options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Andaz was wonderful, as the City of Amsterdam. Superb room, staff and design.

Restaurant for breakfast offers good choice of products.

We stayed there for 3 wonderful nights, enjoying Amsterdam and hotel.

If the occasion will happen, I'll book Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht!

Stayed November 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Check-in with a glas of complimentary white wine in your hand. Go to your funky room and try the large shower. Try some of the amazing restaurants thats around the corner or the Bluespoon at the hotel. Amazing breakfast. I have no complaints. Try it and be amazed!

Room Tip: We had a gardenview room and it was really quiet. The noise, screaming children, from the corridor...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was the strangest but most wonderful hotel that we have ever stayed in. Usually when I travel I make mental notes about things that I like that I might incorporate at home, but there is absolutely nothing that would work at my home. That being said, this was so much a part of this hotel's charm. It is so very funky, done so very well. This is a perfect location. It had a great Lobby with a nice bar and where do I start on the breakfast. Our family enjoyed the 5 pm complimentary wine hour where we got to chat with other guests to get great tourist tips....oh and did I mention how wonderfully clean and spacious (yeah, you heard right...spacious, in Europe) the rooms are...and the simply wonderful friendly international staff made this our top hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel recently. Staff were superb, all very friendly and professional. Hotel is really quirky, very comfortable. The free drinks at 5pm every afternoon was an added bonus! Very easy to walk everywhere from the hotel, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht? Share your experiences!