“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht

Save Saved
You added Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht to your Saves list
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 587, 1016 HT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #9 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Dallas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Out of five hotels over a two week vaction, this one was my favorite.

From the time we walked in every staff member was friendly, accomodating, knowledgable and attentive, making us feel welcome and comfortable with any and all request. I selected the hotel because of the interior and wanted to experience it. I was not disappointed. However, my husband did find it difficult to function at the vanity and we would have liked a towel warmer. Our request for a quiet room with garden view was accomodated. We were in the back house, #335.

Hotel is in a great location, making it easy to get around Amsterdam. Wifi was weak and I often did not have connectivity on my iphone and ipad. May have been the room location.

Beign a vegan diner it's often hard to find anything other than cold cereal on the breakfast buffet. Many hot items were offered and any special request. The chef made me vegan waffles, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Took advantage of the free happy hour and sat in the bar and watched the Amsterdam life go by.

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Staying at the Andaz Amsterdam is certainly a different experience. But a good one!
The first thing you notice is that there is no actual front desk. Check in and check out is done on some high tables close to the main entrance with "ipadded" members of staff who quickly and efficiently deal with it in no time.
The rooms are also quite groovy, mine had no outside view but still quite pleasant.
The hotel is very pleasant, beautifully decorated and close to anywhere you might to be in Amsterdam.
The only down point, my taxi driver from the airport did not know the hotel or where it was on Prinsengracht and left me quite a way away...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have a very short but very sweet stay at the Andaz hotel in Amsterdam. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The room was amazing, and so comfortable. There was plenty of room, all the amenities you could ask for and very clean. The hotel is in a great location. About a 25 minute walk from the station. Around the area there are some lovely restaurants and bars, and it is very close to the tram. I will definitely be back again to enjoy the hotel and all its offerings again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can't think of another thing that would have made our stay at the Andaz Amsterdam better. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is centrally located and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Our friends, who were staying at other hotels, preferred the Andaz to their pricier choices. I wouldn't hesitate to go back if I am ever in Amsterdam again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great hotel with great staff. The room service was amazing as well. The location was also very close to my favourite coffee shop which was nice. My only complaint is that the bed was a bit hard for my liking.

I will for sure visit again on my next trip to Amsterdam. Thanks!

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We actually stayed here as a second choice because my first choice (sofitel the grand) also a top class hotel, was fully booked. but upon arrival we wasnt dissapointed. We was greeted by a member of staff at the door and shown to one of three small tables in the reception area. it was all open plan and the decor was really nice boutique like, as we had booked it via a agency on my mobile our reservation had not came threw yet. We were then given a complementary drink each (3 coronas) our choice, while they sorted it out. A young lady returned in 5 minutes with the booking confirmation however it was only 11 am and the room was not ready, she said we could use the spa until the room was available, however we was in amsterdam and it was a lovely day so we asked her to put our cases away so we could have a walk. She then explained how to get to dam square, rembrant square and the red light district and even had my friends shorts pressed for him.
when we returned we were given our room key straight away and went to our room which was across the courtyard and up the elevator, the rooms were very nice very clean and the decor was stylish it had a walk in shower open plan sink and mirror comfy beds and large flat screen tv. before we went out for the night we enjoyed a few drinks in the lobby bar which was nice. when we came in later about 3am you needed your key card to get threw the front doors which made you feel secure.
i will be returning to this hotel for sure.

Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Andaz gets my highest marks. The location is perfect for a tourist: away from the frenzy of the downtown streets but easy walking distance to the center when you want to go, close to museums and best restaurants, right in the middle of the social life on the canals. The staff is truly excellent - professional, looking to be helpful to tourists, genuinely friendly. The architecture and decor really gets your attention throughout the hotel: rooms, reception area, library, even the passageways on the room floors. If you can get a canal view, do so, if just to share in the joy of the locals passing by in their boats on Friday and Saturday evenings - floating cocktail parties.
I found breakfast expensive, but many things are free: wifi, wine happy hour in the library, soft drinks in the rooms and lobby,
All in all, a really great place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal are superb