“Great Hotel - Will Return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht

Save Saved
You added Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht to your Saves list
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 587, 1016 HT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #6 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel - Will Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great hotel with great staff. The room service was amazing as well. The location was also very close to my favourite coffee shop which was nice. My only complaint is that the bed was a bit hard for my liking.

I will for sure visit again on my next trip to Amsterdam. Thanks!

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We actually stayed here as a second choice because my first choice (sofitel the grand) also a top class hotel, was fully booked. but upon arrival we wasnt dissapointed. We was greeted by a member of staff at the door and shown to one of three small tables in the reception area. it was all open plan and the decor was really nice boutique like, as we had booked it via a agency on my mobile our reservation had not came threw yet. We were then given a complementary drink each (3 coronas) our choice, while they sorted it out. A young lady returned in 5 minutes with the booking confirmation however it was only 11 am and the room was not ready, she said we could use the spa until the room was available, however we was in amsterdam and it was a lovely day so we asked her to put our cases away so we could have a walk. She then explained how to get to dam square, rembrant square and the red light district and even had my friends shorts pressed for him.
when we returned we were given our room key straight away and went to our room which was across the courtyard and up the elevator, the rooms were very nice very clean and the decor was stylish it had a walk in shower open plan sink and mirror comfy beds and large flat screen tv. before we went out for the night we enjoyed a few drinks in the lobby bar which was nice. when we came in later about 3am you needed your key card to get threw the front doors which made you feel secure.
i will be returning to this hotel for sure.

Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Andaz gets my highest marks. The location is perfect for a tourist: away from the frenzy of the downtown streets but easy walking distance to the center when you want to go, close to museums and best restaurants, right in the middle of the social life on the canals. The staff is truly excellent - professional, looking to be helpful to tourists, genuinely friendly. The architecture and decor really gets your attention throughout the hotel: rooms, reception area, library, even the passageways on the room floors. If you can get a canal view, do so, if just to share in the joy of the locals passing by in their boats on Friday and Saturday evenings - floating cocktail parties.
I found breakfast expensive, but many things are free: wifi, wine happy hour in the library, soft drinks in the rooms and lobby,
All in all, a really great place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal are superb
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is something different in a good location in Amsterdam. We were well looked after and enjoyed the unusual design and generous size of the rooms. Breakfast included was excellent and one couldn't ask for more. Staff were very helpful and all requests were seen to at incredible speed and efficiency.

We had requested an extra bed in our room for our son which wasn't there when we got to our room. This was rectified within 10 minutes. The only negative was that our room wasn't serviced one day on the weekend and we had to request them to do this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a great hotel! Andaz is my new favorite hotel chain.This hotel is the OPPOSITE of the mundane, tired hotel. Decor is super-stylish, imaginative, elegant, sophisticated but still very functional. Staff was slick and gorgeous but also (and more importantly) warm, welcoming and efficient. Our fifth floor suite was a knockout. Everywhere you look throughout this hotel there is something interesting to intrigue your eye. The garden is lovely. The lobby-level restaurant is beautiful and the food is excellent. And, my FAVORITE aspect of all Andaz hotels: the minibar contents are FREE (not including alcohol) and it is restocked daily. This is one of the best overall hotel experiences I have ever had. I cannot think of a single gripe or correction.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a suite - they are over the top.
Niceville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the centrally located Andaz Amsterdam and all I can say is 'wow.' Unlike other hotels, where you are checked in from behind a counter, here guests are welcomed at high tables via iPads by the relaxed, yet very professional staff. After admiring the jaw-droppingly beautiful architecture (designer Marcel Wanders has really outdone himself with his eclectic mix of old Amsterdam and futuristic design), we relaxed in the very comfortable, yet equally sumptuous rooms with great beds. I also loved the "shower room" - a small room by itself with a giant shower head and one way mirror. As for the decor, it was again a perfect blend of the city's history with state-of-the-art touches (restroom had wall paper resembling old Delft tiles, main room sported a pair yellow wooden clogs on the wall) along with data port, iPod dock and a minibar stocked with complimentary items (except alcoholic beverages).
Later we relaxed in one of the lounges with complimentary wine, coffee and delicious cookies. One of the staff told us that the hotel's mission is to create a homey atmosphere away from home and in that they have certainly succeeded, although my home is a lot less exciting than the hip, luxurious Andaz!
In short: It is THE hotel to stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels, many Hyatts especially as a Gold Passport member, but this has to be one of the best I have experienced.

I booked two nights using Gold Passport points on a recent European trip and wish I had stayed longer.

From the moment you enter the Marcel Wanders designed hotel, you enter another world. It is one of the most thoughtfully decorated and designed hotels I have stayed in.

The lobby and adjacent sitting areas is very social - and each night the free wine and snacks between 5 and 8pm for guests and it turns into a very happy place. I met so many new and interesting people during this "happy hour".

As is the Andaz tradition, the person who checks you in takes care of you throughout your stay and I couldn't fault the warm service from Manuel, who helped me plan all aspects of my stay. There was even a lovely welcome gift in my room of local cheese and meats - very thoughtful and well researched.

The hotel itself is a work of art. Check out the mural on the wall as you go up the elevator - literally taking you from hell to heaven!

I had a larger room on an upper floor with a view of the canal. Apparently the garden view rooms are also sought after for the quiet, but I found my room very peaceful.

The rooms are compact, with the bed as the focal point. Funky murals and art adorns the walls and there is even a selection of books to read. Unusually, the bathroom vanity is in the room itself and is actually a fantastic use of space. The shower, all sleek black tiles, is spacious and integrates form and function.

Once you get over the idea of having your bathroom in the room, you will love it. For a small space, there is also a semi walk in wardrobe, which was a welcome change to the usual small spaces.

A work desk as well as a small sitting area with a Dr Evil style high back swivel chair completes the room.

Located on one of the most sought after canals, the location is fantastic. you are never more than a walk or a short tram ride from the museums and the hotel is on the edge of the Nine Streets area which is packed with cafes and restaurants as well as funky shops. If needed, the hotel has bikes you can borrow and the staff seem to truly love the hotel and the city.

The bar area is chilled out and has a selection of interesting cocktails as well as bar food - try the bittenballen - you will be hooked! the restaurant I only tried for breakfast but served a small but delicious range of egg and other breakfast favorites.

While the hotel was full, I never felt overwhelmed and the service never rushed. The vibe is so relaxed I even saw the GM checking in guests.

This type of design hotel could easily be pretentious. Andaz Amsterdam is far from it. One of the best hotels I have stayed in hands down - I am already planning my next stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, as for a garden view, but the canal view is just gorgeous!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht? Share your experiences!