“Very good, modern and stylish hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht

Save Saved
You added Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht to your Saves list
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 587, 1016 HT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #5 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Very good, modern and stylish hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Staying for 2 nights, mid-week, at this hotel, it was a very good experience. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel decor is very stylish and the bar has already become a fashionable place to drink. Located right on the Prisengracht (canal) it is very convenient for the whole of Amsterdam, and within walking distance of many sights. Plus it is a very quiet and peaceful location, with some nice restaurants and bars just a short walk away. Just watch out for the many cyclists flying past the hotel entrance.

The hotel rooms had a very good layout with separate walk-in shower, and the basin/mirror in the main room. It was well lit by this basin/mirror area, but I think the rest of the room, around the bed and desk did not have enough light, and it was difficult to do work in the low level of light. However, the hotel is very nice and I would recommend staying here if your traveling on business or for holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel! They truly go above and beyond for their guests, and are an incredible asset to the Hyatt brand! The location is perfect! The staff is friendly and courteous, and works very hard to ensure that your trip is perfect! They offer you fresh coffee, have iPad check in, and are more than happy to help you create an appropriate itinerary. They are very well aware of the various attractions and locations in the area, and will help you maximize your time in Amsterdam!

We didn't try the pool or fitness room as I don't think it was ready, but they offered alternatives for that until it is completed.

You can't get a better value elsewhere! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The suites are certainly worthwhile!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMAndazAmsterdam, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Mark42139,
Thank you for staying with us and for your great feedback.
We hope to see you soon again at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht.
Toni
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Last weekend we have had the pleasure of staying in the brand new Andaz. We started our evening in the bar overlooking the canal with a glass of champagne. After the aperitif we were welcomed in the Bluespoon Restaurant, where we enjoyed a delicious 3-course dinner.
Our room was lovely and comfortable, and of course completely in style with rest of the hotel (designed by Marcel Wanders). We finished our stay with a delightful breakfast. The buffet was well presented and full of home made products. It gave us a real 'home-away-from-home' feeling.

I would definitely recommend the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, the made us experience a modern and personal interpretation of 5-star luxury service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I intended to stay for one night but ended up staying for two. Hyatt have really scored with this one, excellent location, very nicely designed comfortable rooms and GREAT staff which is definitely very rare in the Netherlands... This place is hip, trendy, lively, beautiful and comfortable with excellent customer service and good food. Very popular with locals too so it is even fun just to hang out around the bar, especially considering how cold it was outside. WELL DONE HYATT. I will definitely be back and very soon i hope. Its pricey but WORTH every penny. It makes staying anywhere else in Amsterdam practically impossible...enjoy it, i did.

Dear ahmadsameh,
Thank you for your nice review and for staying an extra night with us.
We will focus on keeping up the work and hope to have you back soon.
Toni
Haleiwa, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the brand new Andaz Amsterdam for two nights.
The design and style was unique and impressive.
I enjoyed just "hanging out" in the lobby and tasted one of the best expressos in Amsterdam.

The staff and management was very attentive and went out of their way to please their guests.
My room was nicely designed in line with the unique Andaz style. I enjoyed complimentary drinks and snacks in the minibar.
The room offered all the latest amenities including an excellent lightning system, the latest HD TV , and easy access to connect computers.
I did not figure out how to turn off the lights in the room, but leave the light on at the desk. I am sure there was a way.

I was traveling with a friend, and did not care about the open style bathroom. it made the room look larger, but there was absolutely no privacy when leaving the shower. I missed a place to leave my underwear in reaching distance from the shower, so I had to use the floor to find it soaking wet.
The mirror at the sink did not allow to twist. I was not able to use the running water and shave while looking in the mirror at the same time.

I did enjoy the expresso machine in the room and the beds were extremely comfortable.

Unfortunately the gym and spa area were not open during my two day stay. This was disappointing and unexpected. I am sure it will be a nice amenity in the future.

I was looking forward to some Vanilla or Chocolate Fla, dutch yoghurt, dutch chocolate, and Dutch beschuitjes (Bread) for breakfast. The hot chocolate ordered was not of the same quality I often enjoyed in Holland before.
The hotel selected a more generic and international style in their overall good breakfast selection.

The hotel management was interested in feedback and encouraged it. I am sure this will be one of the best and unique places to stay in Amsterdam very soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

When this hotel recently opened up i was excited to try and new bar more up market than your usual Dutch bars. What a shame it was such a disappointment. The cocktails were amazing, when they eventually turned up. We ended up ordering our next drinks when we received our first drinks as they took so long. We also ordered nibbles which still hadn't arrived after an hour despite asking three people where they were and when the food eventually did arrive the order was incorrect.
This could be such a great new place to go to but this is the second time i've been and the service, i'm sorry to say, has gotten worse. I let it pass the first time as the hotel had only been open for a week but this time around it was even worse.

Dear Strawb34,
Thank you for visiting Andaz Amsterdam and Bluespoon, especially right after the opening.
I feel sad to hear that we were not able to fulfill your rightful expectations. We consider being attentive in the service we deliver a high priority skill and we are working intensively on improving it. With your help we are able to overcome our challenges and get better in what we do.
We hope to be able to welcome you back soon again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am a real fan of the Andaz brand and concept, having stayed there a few times for business and with family in NYC. The Andaz Amsterdam has just opened and it is every bit as good as the hotels stateside that established the brand. The property is in a very nice location on the site of the Amsterdam library. It is right on the outer canal in a very nice part of town with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

The room and bedding are both great. I think it is probably one of the nicest rooms that I have ever stayed at in any part of Europe. Rooms have a nice view over a central garden area that is quite beautiful, even in early winter in Amsterdam. the hotel is a short walk to the Anne Frank House. The hotel is just a block away from all of the major tram lines, so you can easily get to many parts of the city in a few minutes.

The breakfast was wonderful as it was at its American counterparts.

The only negative was that the gym is not yet open and I was not told when that might be.

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the central garden.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht? Share your experiences!