“Grand Hotel Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Downtown

You added Grand Hotel Downtown to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1e Constantijn Huygenstraat 10A, 1054 BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #88 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
Florence
“Grand Hotel Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spend three nights in this hotel and will recommend this hotel to anyone that will what a good night sleep in a confortable bed. The rooms are big compare to european standands. The beds are very comfortable and the room is very clean. The personnel at the front desk are very helpful and go out of their way to take care of all your travel needs. The hotel is a little bit far from main attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Inge M, General Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your nice words and recommendation. I forwarded you compliments to our staff members and you made them really happy. We would love to welcome you back in our hotel when you visit Amsterdam again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Weston-super-Mare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for 2 nights and found it to be overall very pleasant.
The staff were very helpful from when we arrived to when we left.
Room was small but I think adequate and quite cosy for just the two of us. Everything you might need is there, bed was very comfortable, the design is very modern and new and the room itself was very clean. You have Tea, coffee making facilities, a T.V with some English channels and a mini bar with soft drinks a couple of snack cakes.
The location is a little outside the centre of Amsterdam but this made it very quiet and easy to sleep, there are tram stops near by, which are easy to hop on and off. I actually found it a relief not to be in the madness of the city centre, you could really relax when you returned to your room.
This hotel is good value for money and more than comfortable enough for a few nights stay.
I would recommend it and advise people not to be put off by some of the (I think) harsh reviews.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Inge M, General Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We really appreciate this. We would love to welcome you back in the future.
Chobham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What we have here is a poor quality budget hotel trying to be more. True the staff are friendly and helpful but unfortunately incompetent. Starting with the rooms, they are small and poorly appointed. The bed was cheap and stiff and the pillows firm and foam. Not a good start. I can put up with this but the room was also not very clean, now this is unacceptable. Locations wise it is pretty far from everything but tolerable. Finally the staff dropped the ball by not ordering my taxi when I asked and caused me to be late for my meeting. Overall a poor hotel with grand delusions, pass on it if you can.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yasin Y, General Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for writing an email. Your feedback is more then welcome. I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during your stay. Our rooms have the standard size that meets the hotelclassifications standards. If you prefer a bigger room please do not hesitate to book an upgrade at the front desk or up front. I think the looks of the rooms is a matter of taste. The hotel is designed by a well regarded designer. I understand that you have a complaint about the pillow. Please just call to our front desk or go to the front desk and they are more then happy to provide you a new pillow. Iam really sorry about the taxe reservation. Because it was a businesstrip the time is one of the most important things during your stay. I would love to get in touch with you and see what we could do for you. Please contact me and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Been to Grand Hotel Downtown? Share your experiences!