“Good Hotel, I would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Downtown

Save Saved
You added Grand Hotel Downtown to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1e Constantijn Huygenstraat 10A, Amsterdam 1054 BR, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Announcement
Our new website is live!
Ranked #105 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Oftringen, Switzerland
“Good Hotel, I would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

New and modern room, the staff were very attentive and polite. The bed was big enough for us to sleep with our 2 year old son. I can't give an opinion about the breakfast because we haven't had. The hotel is not in the city center, so thought it was good because we were with our son. Not so far from the attractions and to walk easily. If you need a garage, I suggest booking before, because there are few areas, and very difficult to stop in the streets of Amsterdam. I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Yasin Y, General Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments. I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay and you will stay hear again. Don't hesitate to contact us in the future and we will make a reservation for you and welcome you back.

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Location of this hotel is very good, being very close to Vondelpark and Museumplein. A nice walking distance to both as well as to Leidseplein. There are some good places to eat nearby. Having reserved in advance, I could use the parking lot for extra 25 euros a day. The decoration of the rooms are of very good taste. We liked our family room a lot, as the two children slept in a separate room. It is a pity there wasn't no door between the two rooms. Cleaning is not very well looked after though. We broke a glass cup in the bathroom one evening. Told reception about it the next morning, so that the cleaning lady wouldn't get hurt. The next evening there was still some small glass pieces around. Reception girls are very nice and speak very good English too. All in all a very good hotel for a fair price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice words and feedback. I forwarded your compliments about the service to all our employees and you made them really happy. I am sorry to hear that there was still some glass in the room. I communicated this to the housekeeping department and advised them to be aware of situations like this and they are going to pay extra attention. I am looking forward to welcome you back in the future.
Chaumont-Gistoux, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I arrived in Amsterdam, following my gps, the last 7 km took ... 75 minutes starting 15.30h, outside of peakhours ...
When I arrived in the steet I haven't found the hotel, no sign at all to be seen, really incredible, stopped in a fastfood restaurant and they expalined me that it was just on the other side of the road, impossible to guess !
Then I wanted to go in the parking, impossible, you had to go first to the reception and register, in one of these streets where you have no parking space.
Finally made it, you have to reserv in advance, then you get a card for entrance of the parking, but you have also to pay Eur 20 in cash as a guaranty, never had that before.

The rooms are ok and clean, nice bed.
But very noisy, you hear everything from the corridor, no noise insulation, not acceptable.

Next morning I had to leave early, left round 7 am, again you have first to drive out of the parking, put your car wherever you can, bring back the card to the reception and then you get your
Eur 20 back ....
Very complicated. Not practical at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and feedback. We really apreciate that. I understand that you had a difficulty with finding the hotel. The hotel is in a building with different facilities. Next week there will be a big sign in front of the hotel which you are able to see from the road and it makes it easy to find the hotel. In case of the parking, this is the best way for us to do it. The parking garage is part of a public parking and we have reserved a number of parking places for our guests. To guarantee the parking places we provide parking cards and ask a deposit and therefor the guests need to register at the front desk before you drive into the garage. We have to activate the card to access. This is all because the parking place is public and used by different companies. We will take this into account and try to improve this situation. I am really sorry to hear you heard all the noises from the corridor. That is offcourse not acceptable and you are here for a good night sleep. We are going to solve this problem as soon as possible and made an appointment with a company which is expert in noise reduction. Despite the unpleasant situations I would really love to welcome you back in the future.
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Quite nice room, with an impressive terrace on the town sightseeing. Position central enough to reach everything by foot. Eventually tram stop is nearby. Service and courtesy of the staff. No complain (maybe pay per view missing is a minus).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We drove straight to hotel bit hard to find but got there in the end! They do have parking which is 25e per night but I would reccomend parking here as it is right next door to hotel, the receptionists were great and very helpful and really nice to our children! The family room was good and lots of space and we did have tea and coffee facilities too! Lots of restaurants nearby too about 10 minutes walk away but receptionist was v helpful showing us the areas to go etc... Very happy with this hotel and breakfast great too .... Thank you grand hotel

Room Tip: We had family room 130 very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and found the room clean and well appointed. Furnishings were all good quality and bed linen was very comfortable. We stayed in a small double room for the affordability. Although small, the layout was good and the high ceilings meant that we did not feel claustrophobic at all. Although not in the main city area, this hotel is conveniently located for the no. 1 tram service and we did not have any trouble getting to the places we were visiting.
The day time receptionists are great and seem to have good knowledge of attractions and directions. However, when we first checked in, it was late and the night receptionist was polite but did not know anything about the local attractions at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hotel Downtown? Share your experiences!