“Cheap & cheerful Indian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Cheap & cheerful Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

One of those places which doesn't look much from the outside - and to be fair the inside isn't exactly luxurious, feels more like a cafe than a restaurant! However very good Indian food at a reasonable price - main courses were up to about 10 euros including rice. Worth a visit, especially if you're on a budget.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Awfully dirty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This was THE dirtiest restaurant I have ever seen in my life.
We searched in this site and there were 7 good reviews so we thought it should be good but when we get there we saw a completely empty restaurant and no wonder. The tables were like never got cleaned. The knives and forks were just like that on the very same table without napkins!
The toilets were disaster. I have never seen such a dirty towel in my life. I actually never seen that restaurants use normal towels in their bathroom.
We left without ordering anything but they charged those of us using the WC. 1€ per person.
If you do care for your health and clean place to eat I don't recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“If you care about your health eat elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go this place and have Indian food, the prices were okay, it didn't look so bad from the outside, and it had a few good reviews. Things changed quickly once we went in.

First thing that caught my eye: my spoon, fork, and my knife were plain on the table. Not on a napkin or anything, just on the table. My friend tried to pick up his knife, but it was stuck to the table! You could tell that it had not been picked up and cleaned for a while.

The menus were also dirty and had a lot of food marks on them. After some discussions we decided not to eat at this restaurant at all, most of us lost our appetites after seeing all this. The owners charged us a euro per person because we used the washrooms and were rude to us once they saw we were leaving.

Visited July 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best indian food we ever tasted!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We saw the good rewievs and decided to give the somewhat shabby-looking restaurant Amnol a try on a friday evening - and we were amazed!

One of us had the Fish Madras, the other one Lamb Masala and both were super delicious. Perfect and tender meat and fish, lovely sauce that was delicately spiced, and the Nan-bread was just perfect.

In addition, we only paid about 30 euros for two mains and drinks, very priceworthy.

The service was perhaps not Amnol's strongest card, but we'll definitely come back to taste the food again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aldershot
“Great Indian Food, Near to Leidseplein”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Literally around the corner from the Best Western Leide Hotel where I was staying. The Hard working Owner was so friendly and grateful as it was a quiet night ( only one other diner and someone collecting a takeaway when I was there).
Honestly the best home made Samosa I have eaten in years and a decent curry. Good Prices.
Highly Recommended